Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 131.86639%

Zidjian from the 50's

Hi,

this 2100g, 20" Zildjian came along with a couple of drum kits I bought the other day, the cymbal is from the 50's I believe, but is it possible to determine the specific year by using the stamp and I assume that the holes are factory drilled so I also wonder what this model is called and how much the value is? There's a bit of a keyhole but otherwise in a good shape with no cracks and the sound is fantastic? Also got a pair of nice sounding 14" Vibra Zanki from the 60's or 70's in this deal that truly was a bargain.

Thanks guys!

2 attachments
Posted on 14 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Nice cymbals, all of 'em. Beautiful weight on that 20"....and no...that hole pattern is unlikely to have been factory. Possible that the outermost perimeter holes are factory - maybe, although even there they look too 'inboard' to me...but I don't believe Avedis would have ever put the interior rivets there, it makes zero sense in those locations.

If those interior holes were absent, the cymbal might be worth about $175 or so. With them, probably $125.

The Vibras are worth about $100-120. IMHO, the best Vibras were the hats and crashes....very very sizzly and alive stuff which doesn't translate well to their larger rides.

Congrats, you definitely made out well !

[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 14 years ago

The mid 50's is the best I can do. Looks like somebody shot buckshot at it.

Posted on 14 years ago

Thanks again!

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here