Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 132.86848%

z.fengdjian & cie constantinople???

anyone seen this before? i have a chance to pick up a mismatched hi hat set. top medium thin zildjian usa looks to be a "big" stamp meaning the zildjian in the trademark is bigger and deeper than the rest of it. the bottom is a mystery to me. it is a very heavy cymbal and looks hand hammered.the trade mark reads z.fengdjian & cie. constantinople is written underneath in a half circle. there is also a design that looks to me like a z.zildjian style anyway. im thinkin maybe an Italian knock off?

"Time fly's like an arrow. fruit fly's like a banana"
Posted on 14 years ago

From john rutsey

anyone seen this before? i have a chance to pick up a mismatched hi hat set. top medium thin zildjian usa looks to be a "big" stamp meaning the zildjian in the trademark is bigger and deeper than the rest of it. the bottom is a mystery to me. it is a very heavy cymbal and looks hand hammered.the trade mark reads z.fengdjian & cie. constantinople is written underneath in a half circle. there is also a design that looks to me like a z.zildjian style anyway. im thinkin maybe an Italian knock off?

I would really need to see a picture to help you out with that one.

Posted on 14 years ago

it is in a local music shop and i looked rather closely at them and i can assure you that the cymbal does have that text exactly. im sending a quick picture of the sketch i made in the shop. bear in mind the design on top is much smaller on the cymbal relative to the text but this is a good representation of the stamp. i tried to get a shot with my camera phone but no dice. i figured someone would know what this is. i will go and get a shot with something a little better tomorrow or monday.

1 attachments
Posted on 14 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Very interesting. How much is the cymbal ? l may be interested in it if you aren't (not that l know anything about this - never have seen nor heard of such a trademark)[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 14 years ago

interesting indeed. maybe i just have a natural attraction to these types of oddities. it was i who unearthed the missing link ajaha that seemed to attract interest. the cymbals are 110 for the pair. and sound like absolute dog... lets just say the extremely heavy bottom w the medium or medium/thin top (just a guess) are not a good pair but i think the top could sound nice paired up right. and as for the bottom. i probably would never play it. but!!!! if it is something that the very knowledgeable people here aren't aware of and it is as old as it looks? well than i may just have to buy just based on that. i dont know if this place is open on sunday but i will keep u all abreast........ or 2.

Posted on 14 years ago

ok. so i went over there this morning because i had some time. 120 out the door. they are on an old slingerland hi hat stand (will post pics). the first 2 pics are of the odd cymbal in question. HEAVY and sounds gongish 1170 grams. my best guess would be chinese and old (small hole) lol.blatant zildjian rip off. the second is the top. usa zildjian. 780 grams. but i would be foolish to guess from when. theres a faint stamp mark that just says "top hi hat" anyone know more about ? jaye? drumaholic?

Posted on 14 years ago

That's not one I've seen before. Can you show us some face on shots front and back?

Posted on 14 years ago

i would except i cant get any of my photos to upload. the pics from earlier today were on another camera. it seems my littlest file is still too big to upload. and i dont know how too dumb it down. any word on the zildjian? 60,s? thanks,ryan

Posted on 14 years ago

You can open your pics with "Paint" and resize from there.

Kevin
Posted on 14 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Or go to a resizing site like :

http://resizr.lord-lance.com/

upload your pic there but resize it (plug in"500" to the image width field)

then drag the resized image back to your desktop and upload the smaller file here

Very interesting cymbal...I have never seen that stamp, either.

The Avedis might be a late 50's....but as you say...14" at 780g - that's a nice weight....that one alone is worth about $75....

Yes the heavy one sounds awful...could be an Italian pseudo-Turkish...or maybe a Turkish....we'd need to see the whole surface to tell which. Was probably a hand cymbal once.

(if you wanna snag the pair I will split 'em with you; you can keep the A, and I'll take the weird one......PM me.....)

[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here