Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 132.86848%

Zanki help

Picked up a set of Slingys last week that came with a set of 14" Zanki HHs. Says made in Italy and a Vibra stamp. Any idea to age or value?

Posted on 14 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Fiorello i Figlie !!!! Va Bene Ragazzo!!!! Several years ago - before they let loose the teenage cyber-geek gestapo - l penned some info on Zanki\Zanchi on wikipedia - hopefully it's still there. Vibras were from the '50's made up until around the early 70's - handmade B20's - the 'hats are worth about $75-100 or so. lf spelled wth a "k" (not a "chi") - then those are '70's cymbals[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 14 years ago

From xipa4

Zanchi is hand hammered,zanki is rotocasted.

See The Cymbal Book pp. 172 - 174. Zanki and Zanchi are the same company, and there is no evidence that the naming difference was done to indicate different manufacturing techniques.

The spelling difference is supposed to be because the spelling was changed for the Americans who didn't come up with the hard "C" sound when presented with "Zanchi". So they changed it to Zanki. The ink on the cymbals changed, the company name in Italy did not. I can't find the source for that story just at the moment.

Posted on 11 years ago

I just want to know how they sound. Are they thin???? heavy or stiff???band2

Posted on 11 years ago

From Dardrum

I just want to know how they sound. Are they thin???? heavy or stiff???band2

We may be waiting some time to find out. This is yet another of the 2010 thread resurrects which xipa4 has been doing over the past few days.

The original resurrecting post has been deleted and I don't know whether the mods have finally caught up with xipa4, or if he is deleting posts and threads himself.

** edit ** looks like some of the action may be mods because at least one ancient thread xipa4 posted in (thus resurrected) has now disappeared. Since he didn't start that thread this spells mod intervention. This is a good thing in my book. I was having trouble keeping up with questioning his sources and logic where his claims are disputed and needed further documentation...or sometimes (as in this thread) pointing out that what he said was wrong and the fact that the information was wrong was not disputed (that I know of currently).

I'm going to go quiet again if the mods are dealing with it now. I need to get on with other things.

Posted on 11 years ago

10/4 good Buddy,,,I didn,t even look at the date lol,,,,but I still want to heat them,,,,Clapping Happy2 you know I am a sick man Laughing H

Posted on 11 years ago

I've been guilty of this at times, mainly on other forums. I get excited using the search function and forget the the listed results aren't necessarily recent, even for the topics listed as MOST RECENT. There's at least one time though that I was mocked for doing it, but I could swear that I had seen it in recent posts and whoever resurrected it ended up deleting, as was done here.

Posted on 11 years ago

Me too, I've been tricked occasionally. I think it happens to all of us sometimes and it is a sign of enthusiasm and a genuine desire to share what we know. And that's hard to argue with.

And just to complete the cycle in this case, I did find where I had heard about the reason for the spelling change Zanchi to Zanki...and the source is Jaye in the very Wikipedia entry he mentioned above (and a few years ago now Yes Sir).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zanchi_(cymbals)

The cycle is now complete. Maybe...

Posted on 11 years ago

From zenstat

Me too, I've been tricked occasionally. I think it happens to all of us sometimes and it is a sign of enthusiasm and a genuine desire to share what we know. And that's hard to argue with. And just to complete the cycle in this case, I did find where I had heard about the reason for the spelling change Zanchi to Zanki...and the source is Jaye in the very Wikipedia entry he mentioned above (and a few years ago now Yes Sir).http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zanchi_(cymbals)The cycle is now complete. Maybe...

Guys!

Regular members, which is the general membership actually, can't DELETE their own posts completely. They have a "soft delete" feature and will show as being "hidden", so to speak. I have indeed been cleaning out/up xipa4's ressurected posts in the hope that he will figure it out... eventually. We don't want to squelch anyone's enthusiasm or participation on the forum of course, but xipa4 has been going a little overboard with bringing back older posts. THANKS for your patience!

Tommyp

Posted on 11 years ago
Action Another action Something else here