Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 133.06889%

Your guess on these Zildjians?

Hi, I bought these cymbals without really knowing too much about them. All I had to go by was this photo. I can see that the splash is an A, but I'm not sure about the rest. There are 2 x pairs of 14" Hi Hats and a 16" crash. The seller has told me that these are not the cheaper, entry level cymbals.The Hi Hats to the right could be Vintage A's? Any guess on what the other cymbals could be. No logos. They appear modern so they should have logos? There was another picture of a stamp, but it's a modern stamp with serial no.

Thanks in advance,

1 attachments
Posted on 9 years ago

After a bit more research and I am confident that these are A Custom hi hats and crash, perhaps New Beat Hi Hats too.

Posted on 9 years ago

Be sure to let us know on here when you get them. Seems that the ones on the upper left could be any of many offerings Z had over the years - even maybe going way back.

I had a great day! Instead of sleeping in and wasting the day, I got up at 8 and I had all my slacking done by noon!

2Timothy1:7
Posted on 9 years ago

From Drummerjohn333

Be sure to let us know on here when you get them. Seems that the ones on the upper left could be any of many offerings Z had over the years - even maybe going way back.

Thank for the reply, John. The ones on the top left seem to have a brilliant finish. I'm hoping they're CIE, but would be happy if they are A's / A Custom. I hope I hit pay dirt with these. What I paid on the lot I could get back if I sold one pair of these hats. That is of course if they're A's and not ZBT. I'll let you guys know as soon as they arrive.

Posted on 9 years ago

Those up there could be some awesome A Customs, older Z Customs, or a heartbreaking pair of Planet Zs!

We'll know soon!

I had a great day! Instead of sleeping in and wasting the day, I got up at 8 and I had all my slacking done by noon!

2Timothy1:7
Posted on 9 years ago

OK, the results are in. These are what I thought they were. A custom Hi Hats and Crash, Vintage 1960's pair of hats. Not too shabby for 150 US smackeroonies. :)

Posted on 9 years ago

Nice score!! Great sounding cymbals for sure!!

Cheers

1976 Ludwig Mach 4 Thermogloss 26-18-14-14sn
1978 Ludwig Stainless 22-22-18-16-14-13-12 c/w 6-8-10-12-13-14-15-16-18-20-22-24 concert toms
1975 Sonor Phonic Centennials Metallic Pewter 22-16-13-12-14sn (D506)
1971 Ludwig Classic Bowling Ball OBP 22-16-14-13
1960's Stewart Peacock Pearl 20-16-12-14sn
1980`s Ludwig Coliseum Piano Black 8x14 snare
1973 Rogers Superten 5x14 & 6.5x14 COS snares
1970`s John Grey Capri Aquamarine Sparkle 5x14 snare
1941 Ludwig & Ludwig Super 8x14 snare
Posted on 9 years ago

All that in Eire for $150?.Hard to find deals here like that....

"Always make sure your front bottom BD lugs clear the ground!"
Posted on 9 years ago

From blairndrums

All that in Eire for $150?.Hard to find deals here like that....

You're not wrong, Brian. Just today I went to the drum department of a music store in town and asked the guy if he had any old second cymbals come in. He showed me an old pair of 15" Avedis Ziljdian and said they're €300. They were an exceptionally nice pair of hi hats, but for 300 Euro I could buy 2 pairs online. They're rare enough here, but in US they're a lot cheaper because they're everywhere I'm guessing. I got a nice pair of 14" 60's Avedis, a pair of A custom hats, A custom 16" crash and Avedis 10" splash here for 150 dollars. That more than makes up for all the times I've been burned taking a chance of some mystery cymbals on eBay that have turned out to be old, brass clangers. :)

Posted on 9 years ago

Brian is my cousin in California ;-)...

"Always make sure your front bottom BD lugs clear the ground!"
Posted on 9 years ago
Action Another action Something else here