Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 132.86848%

Yet Another Zildjian A Stamp Date Question

This is a very thin 20" cymbal with 6 rivets. Almost crash thin with a unique sound. It has very very slight keyhole and two small flea bites. What year/timeframe do you think? I have the opportunity to buy it.

-Tim

1 attachments
Posted on 11 years ago

that's a trans stamp,pre mid 50's and older. i'd grab that one if you can..

mike

Posted on 11 years ago

Thanks, Mike.

Here is a close-up of the "Co". I think I see a line or raised area inside of the "O". Does this help tell what "type" of trans stamp?

-Tim

Posted on 11 years ago

my old eyes can't make it out. if it has those cross ridges, I think that dates it in the 40's. i'm not overly educated on these things though..

a thin trans stamp is always gonna be desirable and hold some value. most all trans stamps that I own have a great sound,even the heavier ones. I love vintage A's all around though..

mike

Posted on 11 years ago

Ah, it's a cross-ridge line pattern. I thought it was a raised type line on the in side of the depressed area.

Yeah, this cymbal is thin. Wobbly thin, but not paper thin. If you pick it up closer to the edge, it will flex. It's dark too. The rivets on this thin of a cymbal are an odd combination with an interesting sound. Using it as a ride doesn't produce that traditional ride sound and crashing it with the rivets doesn't produce that traditional crash/wash sound.

-Tim

Posted on 11 years ago

That's a Trans stamp as mentioned earlier..1948/52 yr..

If less then $200 / buy it these are mostly on the thinner side and have lots of wobbly to them..

Buy if you can..

Bop iT / Til U Drop iT.

ROGER's
1964 Cleveland,.18/14/12 in WMP
1966 Cleveland, 20/14/12 O'natural.
Fullerton,...20/16/13/12 Silver Glass

WFL
1957 B/R Super Classics In WMP

Snares..
Wood & COB Powertones,
Wood & COB Dynasonics,
57 Jazz Festival

Zildjian avedis cymbals.
40s/60s era.
Posted on 11 years ago

Not the '47 - '49 type. This is a IV, so it's '52 - 53.

Posted on 11 years ago

From RIMS n SKINS

That's a Trans stamp as mentioned earlier..1948/52 yr..If less then $200 / buy it these are mostly on the thinner side and have lots of wobbly to them..Buy if you can..

I think its worth a lot more than $200. Its thin so I'm guessing at least $300 and probably more

Mark
BosLover
Posted on 11 years ago
Action Another action Something else here