Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 133.06889%

WTB: Sonor Teardrop 6ply 20 16 13

Hi,

Does anyone have a set Sonor Teardrop 6ply 20 16 13 in good condition?

Posted on 7 years ago

I have a turquoise satin flame set from about '67, just 20/13/16, no snare. The wrap is in great shape, for a satin flame, but there are some dings and scratches. One of the floor tom leg receivers is wrong and made an extra hole. Replacement felt pad on the muffler on the 13". The T-rod on the BD tom receiver block is missing and has been replaced with a modern square-head tension rod. Also missing the BD-mounted cymbal arm. If you are interested at $800 I will get some better pics together.

1 attachments
Posted on 7 years ago

Thanks Floyd!

Still looking, fellas. The last few sets of 6plies I've seen in very good condition from private sellers have gone for about 600-650 so that's what I'm aiming for. And I've got stuff we could talk about in trade as well.

Posted on 7 years ago

I have a turquoise sparkle 20x14" and 13x8" (the "New Orleans" kit) from about about '69-71, I think? This was marketed as a 3-piece kit only w/ no floor tom. I don't have the snare though. 6-ply beech shells w/no rings, I believe.

The wrap is very good on the tom, and fair on the BD. There are "age spots" in places and the wrap needs to be re-applied to the BD rims. I have the tom attach arm and a few old hardware pieces too (Z5319 Deluxe BD pedal and most of a hi-hat stand (Z5452 model?).

I believe this is the catalog pic of what I have:

Posted on 7 years ago

Thanks, looking for a complete set, not a project. But I appreciate it!

Posted on 7 years ago

I just listed a 20/16/13/12 in Red Oyster

Posted on 7 years ago

thanks, man. just wanting a three piece for a three piece price. but i appreciate the heads up!

Posted on 7 years ago

if anyone has a line on just a 16" teardrop floor, i'm interested.

Posted on 7 years ago
Action Another action Something else here