Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 132.46764%
Posted on 13 years ago

WOW is right.I'd love to hear a soundfile of that cymbal.

Posted on 13 years ago

From redneckdrum

WOW is right.I'd love to hear a soundfile of that cymbal.

So would I.

But the fact remains that those bidding didn't hear one either. Yet based on the sellers description alone, it went up to this astronomical price.

Posted on 13 years ago

What is it about those cymbals with the Zildjian 'hollow logo' stamps that everyone goes crazy for?

Posted on 13 years ago

From redneckdrum

What is it about those cymbals with the Zildjian 'hollow logo' stamps that everyone goes crazy for?

Many of them sound great. They should be placed in the same league with the trans stamps in my opinion.

I have an 18" thin crash and a 21" crash-ride, and both of them kill.

Posted on 13 years ago

I wonder what my 22" Hollow logo is worth??????????

Posted on 13 years ago

From J.R.

I wonder what my 22" Hollow logo is worth??????????

Me too! I have two 22" just sittin in my closet

Posted on 13 years ago

Unfortunately most block letter large stamps just aren't thin enough to command top dollar. But this one was, and that was part of the story.

So just how much value your 22's have will depend heavily on their weight.

Posted on 13 years ago

From Drumaholic

Unfortunately most block letter large stamps just aren't thin enough to command top dollar. But this one was, and that was part of the story. So just how much value your 22's have will depend heavily on their weight.

My two(2) 22"s weigh-in @ 2520g & 2615g

Posted on 13 years ago

Those weights are the typical for 22's of that era. They may not be thin enough to command as high a value as if they were a few hundred grams thinner, but they certainly should be worth somewhere in the neighborhood of $350 more or less. Maybe MLVBS could help me out here with his opinion. Even so I've heard many 22's in this weight range that sounded spectacular. That to me is much more important than judging by something as arbitrary as gram weight. But on the open market these days, short of actually hearing the cymbal, the vintage of the cymbal and its weight are what seem to be the primary concern as the general buying public is concerned. That's just the way it is and has been for some time now. But that's also why I include a soundfile with all my cymbal ads on eBay. That way what matters most can be used as the criterion for judging the cymbal, and not simply it's weight.

Posted on 13 years ago
Action Another action Something else here