Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 131.86639%

WOW 16 inch zildjian High hats

what are special select cymbals never knew they made 16 inch?

here is the Ebay link

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320480321825&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

Posted on 14 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Interesting....but those weights Mind Blowi ....I dunno. The top is pretty darn thin...the bottom is hella heavy, though.

I would think a bottom in the 1350-1450g range would be a more appropriate match.

I have played 16's on a 'hat stand....they were very hard to control, IMHO....[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 14 years ago

From Jaye

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Interesting....but those weights Mind Blowi ....I dunno. The top is pretty darn thin...the bottom is hella heavy, though.I would think a bottom in the 1350-1450g range would be a more appropriate match.I have played 16's on a 'hat stand....they were very hard to control, IMHO....[/COLOR]

jaye, i took (2) 18 crash cymbals and used them on a commercial jingle, and they where a bear to play with, fortunately the producer had given me a days notice so i got a little time to dry run them, but it was a tough thing to play, i used a thin and a medium heavy, they sounded great,Cool Dude

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 14 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Interesting....maybe when they get to that diameter you really need something thicker on the bottom than say, 15's would require......

What did you hit 'em with ? ....a pair of 2x4's ???????[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 14 years ago

From Jaye

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Interesting....maybe when they get to that diameter you really need something thicker on the bottom than say, 15's would require......What did you hit 'em with ? ....a pair of 2x4's ???????[/COLOR]

:)Jaye, the hardest thing was, i adjusted the hihat stand to the cymbals which put the footboard a mile away, so i make a compromise but the stand half way and the cymbal edge is still on top of my snare drum, lets just say it won't be my regular hat combo!!

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 14 years ago

I picked up a pair of 16" hats from the 60s a while back. Mine are closer in weight than yours, and on the thinner side. They sound good, but the "chick" isn't as defined as I would like, so they barely make it on to the stand. I holding on to them more for the novelty/collectibility because they're a pretty rare item...

1970 Ludwig Downbeat
1965 Ludwig Hollywood
1970 Ludwig Jazzette
Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here