Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 132.26722%

World's record $ for a trans stamp

I remember back about 15 to 20 years ago when I used to buy these from used used cymbal bins at music shops, and from pawnshops for only about $75 to $100.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&nma=true&rt=nc&item=270733660057&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&si=pxAy1cjzE5vldk4OUgcEJu5u5go%253D&viewitem=&hash=item3f08fbcf99

Posted on 13 years ago

I really think it's about time I start frequenting pawn shops...

Posted on 13 years ago

People used to offer me old A's in trade years ago a lot when I was really wheelin and dealin,and I would always pass them by,as A's at the time weren't worth much (nobody knew how to date them!).

Wish I would have traded now...........wonder how many Trans I would have got "for a song"?

Blair

"Always make sure your front bottom BD lugs clear the ground!"
Posted on 13 years ago

From MrTurd

I doubt that you'll find many these days, and especially not in Europe.

Posted on 13 years ago

From MrTurd

I've only found one in a pawn shop. 14" trans stamp: $50. It was paired with a Sabian B8 hat for $125. I told the guy behind the counter that they'd never sell, because one of the cymbals was really old and thin, and rockers want heavier, "brighter" cymbals. I did him a "favor" by taking it off his hands... :D

Also got another one from a music store that didn't know what they had. 15" trans stamp: $60. It was "old and dirty", and so it was mixed in with the stack of broken, unwanted cymbals. The only reason it was so much was because it didn't have any cracks. Sounded great to me. Talked him down from $75.

...I still use both of these cymbals in my "hand percussion" setup, 'cause they're thin enough to be crashed with a finger. Great-sounding pies, for sure...

1970 Ludwig Downbeat
1965 Ludwig Hollywood
1970 Ludwig Jazzette
Posted on 13 years ago

Last year I aquired a Zildjian 15" TS cymbal for $20. Shame it has about 1/4" crack at the edge.Cant decide if I want to have it lathed doun or leave it.

Posted on 13 years ago

Just cut a crescent shaped piece out.......

I had a friend do a 16" 602 Paperthin .....and it's one of the best sounding crashes ever still!

"Always make sure your front bottom BD lugs clear the ground!"
Posted on 13 years ago

From blairndrums

Just cut a crescent shaped piece out.......I had a friend do a 16" 602 Paperthin .....and it's one of the best sounding crashes ever still!

Thanks 4 that good advice Blair.Tell me,how would be the best way to do this?

Posted on 13 years ago
Action Another action Something else here