Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 132.26722%

Wooden Dynasonic snare beds

Hi folks,

As they say on radio - long time reader, first time poster.

Came across a wooden Rogers Dynasonic (in green sparkle, no less - though had no idea it was so hip at the time) at a flea market recently along with some Ludwig stuff. (Thanks here to DaveD for telling me about it) Anyway, whoever had this got rid of the dynasonic snare set up, put a ludwig strainer on it and carved their own snare beds on it. My understanding on Dynasonics is that the snare beds were something like 0.004" deep. These are much deeper (I guess in order to accommodate a traditional snare arrangement). Can I get this puppy back to normal ? If so, how ? I know I can buy a similar serial number chrome dynasonic and use it's hardware to get that part of it back to (somewhat) normal but what about this snare bed thing ? I reckon a machine shop can even things out and replace beds at 4 thousands of an inch deep and if the inside finish is plain nitrocellulose then I can refinish the bearing edges and beds with that post machine shop work. But - I'd rather do it another way if possible. On the other hand, the drum is already non-original so in that respect it doesn't matter. Ideally, what I'd like is to get it to look original with original parts and *sound* original - in other words getting the looks and function back to what the designers had in mind.

Any ideas ?

Thanks for any help you can offer,

rob

5 attachments
Posted on 14 years ago

Send it to Jack Lawton. Thats your best bet.

And .......someone is definitely going to hell over this.

Rogers Drums Big R era 1975-1984 Dating Guide.
http://www.vintagedrumforum.com/showthread.php?t=24048
Posted on 14 years ago

No Ploughman!... somebody is already IN hell for this!! Good grief.

Tommyp

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here