Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 132.66806%

Who (or is it "whom") do you trust?

So, having experienced some good and some freekin' horrible business deals with the big name drum work shops ... I have one question:

Who do you recommend to do your color matching rewraps on your vintage drums???

I realize most of us do it ourselves. Heck, I have done lots of rewraps. But, I have a 14 floor that really needs to be color matched and wrapped. I would like for a seriously good company to pull that one off.

Please weigh in on this as I need some advice.

Posted on 13 years ago

Subscribing to this one... if I can't find (or afford) the Champagne Sparkle pieces to match my Downbeat snare, I'll be looking for someone that can pull it off. It's aged gently, but still aged, and new wrap just wouldn't look right along side it.

Good choice of topics...

Current gigging set:
Recent Ludwig Accent 13/16/18/26, (in Silver Sparkle), "updated" 70's Acrolite with cast batter hoop and Trick strainer/butt

Cymbals:
Zildjian K Custom Ride, Dream (Bliss and Contact) crashes and hats, and a Sabian Swish/China.

Other stuff:
60's Ludwig Champagne Sparkle "Traveler's Club Date", under construction. Click Here
70's Acrolite (under RE-construction)
Two 1960's mahogany 32" Ludwig bass drums with Imperial lugs.
Posted on 13 years ago

When it comes to "Who vs Whom" think of the the pronouns "him and her" for "whom" and "he and she" for "who"

So...."Whom do you trust?" = "Do you trust him/her"?

Or:

"Who is trustworthy?" = "Is she/he trustworthy?"

Consequently, most people use the phrase (incorrectly) "Who do you trust?"...which equates to "Do you you trust she/he?"

;)

P.S. I have heard many good things said for Precision Drums ability to computer match colors -EXACTLY....but, of course, you pay a higher price. I have had no personal experience in this or with Precision Drums, btw.....to whom it may concern! ;)

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 13 years ago

Olugger, my man. I sincerely appreciate the tongue in cheek response. I have put in an easy chair in the side of my mouth just to ensure my tongue is comfy there.

Posted on 13 years ago

From O-Lugs

When it comes to "Who vs Whom" think of the the pronouns "him and her" for "whom" and "he and she" for "who"So...."Whom do you trust?" = "Do you trust him/her"?Or:"Who is trustworthy?" = "Is she/he trustworthy?"Consequently, most people use the phrase (incorrectly) "Who do you trust?"...which equates to "Do you you trust she/he?";)P.S. I have heard many good things said for Precision Drums ability to computer match colors -EXACTLY....but, of course, you pay a higher price. I have had no personal experience in this or with Precision Drums, btw.....to whom it may concern! ;)

I must concur with Precision as the guys to go to if you're not going to do it yourself.

Posted on 13 years ago

If it's strictly an issue of color matching, you might check out the custom ColorWraps from drummaker.com. They have a vast spectrum of shades. They'll lend you a set of swatches (with a $100 deposit) and you can try to find a perfect match. I've never used them, but I know Jaye has raved about them.

Kits:
1950s Gretsch Name Band in Midnight Blue Pearl (13/16/22/14sn)
1965/66 Ludwig Club Dates rewrapped in Black Diamond Pearl (12/15/20)
Posted on 13 years ago
Action Another action Something else here