Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 133.26931%

Which stamp is it? old or new k

Hello Community,

I´m really not shure which stamp it is:

thx for your help

1 attachments
Posted on 9 years ago

My thinking goes:

Squiggly portion highly stylized compared to Old Stamps = Intermediate or New Stamp

Star bigger than the text size of MADE IN TURKEY = New stamp

Smaller gap between the squiggly portion and the K Istanbul & Co = Older New Stamp

Dates for Older New Stamp from Bill Hartrick = 1967-1972

If the star were about the same size then Intermediate Stamp.

All info thanks to Bill Hartrick and his latest timeline published in The Gretsch Drum Book (2013) pp 250-251.

This site ripped off Bill's work without giving him credit and it lacks the Older New Stamp vs Newer New Stamp division. I don't like to reference it but it is available online for linking whereas Bill's K Zildjian Istanbul stuff is only in print. You have to scroll down a long way to get to New Stamps.:

http://robscott.net/cymbals/k-istanbul/

Posted on 9 years ago

From drums.leipzig

Hello Community,I´m really not shure which stamp it is:thx for your help

It's definitely a New Stamp. There are two stamps designated by Bill Hartrick as the New Stamp and the Newer New Stamp. The New Stamp was from the period 1967-1972. The cymbal you have is an example of that type. The Newer New Stamp was from the period 1972-1977. The two stamps are identical except the Newer New Stamp has much more space between the Arabic script and the K.Zildjian. I own examples of both. In recent years however I believe Bill has indicated that there may be some overlap between the two types. I don't know what his current thinking is concerning these two variations.

What I also find interesting about your copy is that it appears to have been a double stamping.

Mark
BosLover
Posted on 9 years ago
Action Another action Something else here