Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 133.06889%

what's this cymbal worth?

Zildjian 21" factory sizzle from 60's

Posted on 10 years ago

Unable to upload pics.

Text for pics.

61592784seven 3

Posted on 10 years ago

weight would also play a role in the price if you have the means..

mike

Posted on 10 years ago

pre 66 its hand made

April 2nd 1969 scarfed pink champagne holly wood and 65/66 downbeat snare, and , supra same year very minty kit old pies
66/67 downbeat with canister
Super 400 small round knob
1967 super classic obp

once the brass ceases to glitter, and the drum looses its luster, and the stage remains dark, all you have left is the timbre of family.
Posted on 10 years ago

It weighs 1924 grams and has 3 rivet holes equally spaced to form a triangle shape. Is there any way to tell the exact year?

Posted on 10 years ago

Also came across a 50's? 18". It has a different stamp mark.

Posted on 10 years ago

From jaghog

pre 66 its hand made

I've seen you state this a couple of times now, unchallenged. I know that "hand made" can mean different things to different people. But I like this summary:

From Drumaholic

In the late 50's and early 60's there was only a little hand hammering that was done as compared to some of the earlier eras. Usually the bottom side was machine hammered and the top got about 5 or more rows of hand hammering in fairly widely spaced circular patterns.

Back to the "what's it worth" question.

Buying or Selling?

Without pics and a weight I'd say the expected price would be in the range $150 to $250. But you will need good pics (including the stamp) and the weight in order to get a better estimate. Since 21" is relatively rare it would also be good to have a picture of a measuring tape against the cymbal in case somebody things you are just mis-measuring a 20".

Note the only reason I've extended the expected price range up that high is I have a record of a sale on eBay long ago (before the GFC bit)

A Zildjian 60s 21" sizzle ride $261.00 16 bids eBay 15-Jan-07

which got a bit more.

Posted on 10 years ago

From Gatortail

It weighs 1924 grams and has 3 rivet holes equally spaced to form a triangle shape. Is there any way to tell the exact year?

That sounds like a nice weight for a 21" which will help raise the expected price ("thin is in" with the target market).

There is no way to tell the exact year it was manufactured. Within a few years is actually pushing it since cymbals can be manufactured, sit in the warehouse, get sent out to the retailer, sit on the shelf, then get sold a few years later.

3 rivet holes forming a triangle isn't the factory standard pattern. Are the rivets still in the holes?

Posted on 10 years ago

From Gatortail

Also came across a 50's? 18". It has a different stamp mark.

Homework 1: read this thread all the way through

http://www.vintagedrumforum.com/showthread.php?t=42035

Homework 2: read up on how to post pics and do so

http://www.vintagedrumforum.com/showthread.php?t=1713

Posted on 10 years ago

Cool. Thanks. If you text, I can send you pics of all that no problem.

Actually trading. Its weight is 1924 grams.

Posted on 10 years ago
Action Another action Something else here