Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.85386%

What kind of "guy" are you?

What is YOUR company and why? From the looks of it, there seems to the most of Rogers guys.

I'm a Ludwig guy. Joe Morello got me hooked into the sound of those 60s 3-ply shells with a Supraphonic snare. I love the other companies and the drums they made and plan to have a few of theres, but my heart goes with Ludwig all the way.

Bopworks Hickory Jazz Drumsticks
http://www.youtube.com/user/mgimino
Posted on 16 years ago

I'm an Arbiter kind of guy Mister T .....but, among the vintage "Big Four", I am a Ludwig guy, too. Burger Kin

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 16 years ago

Was a Gretsch guy for many years, now into Slingerland, which seem to be much more economical! A whole lot of vintage drum for the buck.

Posted on 16 years ago

Rogers since day one. My first drumset lesson was on a 67 Rogers Dayton 4 piece. And for two years after. Three years later when I bought my own first kit, it was Rogers. I still have those. My other drums are Ayotte Custom.

I think its the quality, the sound and most certainly the feel of the vintage drums. My own (aquired May 04) 1966 early Dayton Rogers Holiday set, which is almost identical to that set I first started with, look absolutely stunning on stage. They make their own statement of beauty and graceful lines. And when they are played.... soundmen notice. People notice, other musicians notice... they sound good.

Rogers Drums Big R era 1975-1984 Dating Guide.
http://www.vintagedrumforum.com/showthread.php?t=24048
Posted on 16 years ago

Too many drumsets to narrow it down!! Although I do regret getting rid of my 67 WMP Ludwigs.....

Its better to have people think you're an idiot, than to open your mouth and prove them wrong, unless you doubt yourself then speak away....
Posted on 16 years ago

Camco to my back teeth (except for snares - there Ludwig gets a look-in too).

Posted on 16 years ago

I like Yamaha and DW drumsets...for old stuff (snare drums) I like the usual suspects...L&L, Leedy, Slingerland, C. G. Conn, Duplex etc...

Mike Curotto

Posted on 16 years ago

I was a Rogers guy,thru & thru.I sold a wmp double bass kit that I owned from '72 thru '75.I wish I still had 'em(I kept the 6.5 brass Dyna).I was having hardware problems,everything was stripping.I went to a double bass,six tom set of clear Fibes(I still have them).Since then,I've bought four Ludwig kits & another small Fibes clear kit.I own approx.40 snares,mostly Rogers & Ludwig.Love that wet Rogers snare sound.

Posted on 16 years ago

An early 70's Ludwig is my main kit, now I'm into clear Fibes kits from the same era.

Posted on 16 years ago

I've owned 2 kits since I started playing and they both were Ludwigs. The main reason I bought Ludwigs was that John Bonham played them!

The first kit I still own, and thanks to ludwigvon..... from this site I've concluded that they are not a Quadra Plus kit as I originally thought but a sound projector that Sam Ash put together!

The other Ludwig was a late 60's (I think), white pearl with grey speckled interiors. This kit I sold for $500 in 1990 to put the $ towards an engagement ring for my future wife.

Still have the wife , wish I still had the kit!!!!

Posted on 16 years ago
Action Another action Something else here