Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 131.66597%

what kind of 20" paiste 2002 would this be?

I know its a 1978 by the serial number and the black label on the bottom.The problem is all the stamps on top have been washed off over the years,so i can't tell if its a ride or crash ride or what.It weighs right around 2000 grams.Its a 20"I'm considering selling it and want to know the proper description along side of knowing what to ask for it.Anyone know the break down of 70's black label 20" paiste 2002 rides in grams?any feedback appreciated.Thanks.

Posted on 15 years ago

My guess is that it is a standard Ride. The cymbal weights for the 20" crash average around 1875 to 1900 grams. The rides I have seen between 2000 and 2100 grams. From what I understand the black labels were a bit lighter so your's being at the bottom of that range makes sense.

You should also be able to get a clue sonically, the Ride will have a clearly defined stick sound over the wash at all times. The Crash will not have this tendency and will open up much quicker on an edge hit.

Another possibility is for you to send Paiste an e-mail with the serial number. Perhaps they can verify it for sure. My experience with Paiste answering e-mails is hit or miss, but it's worth a shot.

Posted on 15 years ago

Thanks for the feedback drum-dad.Yeah it very well may be a standard ride.The cymbal does seem to fit all that criteria.I'll try Paiste with the serial # and see what happens.Good knowledge.Cheers.

Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here