Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 133.26931%

what is this?

This is a cool cymbal, I don't own it, any idea as to its maker?

Posted on 9 years ago

I'm guessing one of the many older branded Italian cymbals. Anyone have the comprehensive logo pic handy?

Posted on 9 years ago

Not on the ufip stencil stamp sheet. Dont have the file handy.

I heard those sound twice as good

as the Foremost 300s ;)

I had a great day! Instead of sleeping in and wasting the day, I got up at 8 and I had all my slacking done by noon!

2Timothy1:7
Posted on 9 years ago

Brands which Ufip has manufactured at some time during the existence of the brand:

[img]http://black.net.nz/cym2012/ufipStencilBrands.jpg[/img]

Photo courtesy of Ronn Dunnett taken on his visit to Ufip. This is a framed piece of paper on their wall.

Note that a brand appearing on here doesn't mean that Ufip manufactured it during its entire existence. Some brands are believed to have been made by an Italian foundry other than Ufip during part of their existence (eg Ajaha and Kingston). Rights to brand names even get sold overseas so that countries other than Italy manufacture them during some parts of their life. The brands may turn up on Asian or Eastern European manufactured cymbals.

Note also that Ufip is not synonymous with Italian origin. For example Tosco is a separate casting facility which is often mis-identified as Ufip. Refs: The Cymbal Book p172; Italian Vintage Drums and Cymbals, p124. Also, the Italian book helped me pin down that a number of the Ufip brands are in fact extinct Italian drum brands. I wasn't really familiar with the Italian drum brands of yesteryear which is why it helped me.

None of which narrows down what that one is.

Posted on 9 years ago
Action Another action Something else here