Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 131.46555%

What is this Zildjian

I have a 20" Thin Ride that is hand hammered but has a large A Zildjian stamp about 1.75" that seems to have serial number under the USA - the serial number is JJ-11929-047 The cymbal look like it is from the 60's (i.e., no sign of logos or markings), but the stamp tells me I am wrong, please help. Do you know what kind of cymbals is it because it looks hand hammered and thin? Do you have any information on this cymbal?

Posted on 17 years ago

[Attachment: 2291]

[Attachment: 2292]

[Attachment: 2293]

[Attachment: 2294]

Here are some pictures of the cymbals mentioned above. I woulld really like some input. This cymbals look old and vintage like, but the serial number says that's impossible. Did Zildjian make K's with a A Zildjian Stamp? This looks hammered and all of the painted logos are clearly missing. Not even a trace which is pretty strange. Let me know what you think?

Earl

Posted on 17 years ago

I figured out the mystery. It is a 20" Zildjian Oriental Crash of Doom. Thanks for the help ... Earl

D' Drummer

Posted on 17 years ago

Quoted post

I figured out the mystery. It is a 20" Zildjian Oriental Crash of Doom. Thanks for the help ... EarlD' Drummer

I love those things. Been wanting to pick one up for awhile. It just keeps taking backseat to other needs.

BTW, the wobbly edges are a dead giveaway.

Posted on 17 years ago

Hi Boomka:

Yea, I have been a Sabian guy for years. I actually stopped looking a Zildjians for a period of time. This became popular during that season of life. Anyhow, I found the Oreintal COD and a 1970's 22" swish knocker in a local music store. I picked both of them up for $125.

BTW it looked like a beat up old 1960s A Zildjian, but the logo looked newer. The cymbals has no sign of a painted logo and is really dirty and tarnished. Anyhow, it looks like a keeper for now.

Earl

D' Drummer

Posted on 17 years ago
Action Another action Something else here