Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.85386%

what did my boyfriend just buy me?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=400025577446

anyone know what model of ludwig snare this is? any info would be appreciated... i appreciate his gesture, but wish there was more info about it... thanks. s.

Posted on 15 years ago

That is a nice Keystone badge Supraphonic. There is a bunch of info on the forum and main web site.

He did pretty good, they usually sell in the $200 + range. Well prior to the changes in the economy.

David

Posted on 15 years ago

wow, thanks david. maybe i will have to thank him after all ;-)

Posted on 15 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Yar...guys..we don't think too good sometimes...but, actually....he nabbed a very good one (some would call it one of the best metal snares ever made).

So...it's clear you chose a guy with taste....Keep on Pl[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 15 years ago

haha.... thanks jaye...Excited

Posted on 15 years ago

If you only own 1 snare, that's the one you want. Looks to be in nice condition too. The only downside:These drums are notorious for flaking chrome. Consider yourself extra lucky if your chrome is in good condition!

Either way a great present, enjoy!

http://www.pkdrums.net
Posted on 15 years ago

From PK Drums

If you only own 1 snare, that's the one you want.

crying2-07 Hey... what about Acrolite's?

:)

Vintage Snares Vintage Kits
Posted on 15 years ago

It appears to be a 1969 Supraphonic -by way of the rotary muffler knob with the keystone badge. I have one just like it that came with my 1969 Jazzette kit.

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 15 years ago

I'm ready to cry for the price you paid. That's an unreal deal.

Posted on 15 years ago

The snare arrived and it's in pretty nice shape. Everything appears original. The chrome does have some pitting, but it is not too bad. This pitting chrome thing is new to me, so not sure what to really make of it. I posted in another post, wondering about rechroming or if it should just be left.

The date stamp corresponds to the keystone serial number. Makes you wonder about its history. Seems the seller was a pawn shop owner, so the 'pawner' probably got nothing for it... And the way it was advertised makes you think the pawn shop owner didn't really know what it was either. The snare needs a good cleaning but it sounded awesome right out of the box.

How does one tell if it's ludaloy or brass underneath? Can you tell by the interior of the drum, or can you tell because chrome would not pit if it was over brass? :-)

Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here