Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 132.06681%

Went treasure hunting today...

...and came home with a couple good ones. The first ones I've never heard of. Maybe someone else has. Zildjian 15" Flange Hi-Hats. Top is 899g bottom is 988g. How would these things rate value wise alongside "normal" hats of similar vintage? And got my first trans. stamp. It was at a pawn shop setup with a Mapex kit. The lone Z, the rest being Sabians. At first he wouldn't part it from the kit until I walked over to the loose cymbals on the wall and picked up a B8 Pro 16" medium crash. And he agreed it would go better with the kit than the Zildjian would. So I talked him out of it. It's 16" and 1118g and sounds awesome. Funny thing is I got my COB Supra from the same guy the same way. It was with Pearl Export kit and he happened to have a Pearl snare sitting on the shelf to replace it.

4 attachments
Posted on 14 years ago

trans. stamp

3 attachments
Posted on 14 years ago

I will be curious to hear info on the flange hats,I can't recall anything about them.The trans looks from the pic to have a really steep profile.Nice weight,I bet it opens right up even if you breathe on it.

Posted on 14 years ago

[COLOR="Green"]I have two pairs of Flange 'Hats...one trans-stamp set and one 50's set (same stamp as yours). Both of mine are 14's. They are cool...very sizzly & sloshy, very thin. Interesting Jazz hat's. Obviously they aren't very crisp and projecting.

Those 15's are cool...never have seen 15's before. Those are worth a good $250+, IMHO.

The Trans 16 seems like a perfect weight. That one, if in good shape, can fetch about $350 these days.

....damn...what kinda Pawn Shop do you have in your n'hood ???[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 14 years ago

There are a few pawn shops around here but the one I got the trans. stamp from is the only decent one. He always has tons of music stuff. Probably 40-50 guitars, lots of amps. big pile of drum hardware, quite a few cymbals, and half a dozen or so drum sets. And unlike alot of other pawn shops, his prices are pretty fair. This is the same pawn shop I got my COB Supra from. The flange hats actually came from a music store that has lots of old stuff. I mean stuff that's been there for years and years, decades even. Hell he's got 2 Trixon kits in the warehouse that have never been sold. He's got a B&B Rogers kit that I'm eyeballing right now that's pretty cool. He's got some other old Zildjians, 50's and 60's. A couple of the bigger ones had rivet holes and that kinda turned my off to them. I need to go back and take a closer look I guess.

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here