Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 133.26931%

WANTED: Ludwig 14" 10-lug COB hoops

Does anybody have or see many of these out there? Thanks!

Posted on 8 years ago

Welcome to the forum! I've never seen a set for sale. If they were, they'd probably be expensive! I'm guessing you want these for a Supraphonic? If you have no luck tracking down a set, you might try Drum Factory Direct. Here's a link showing their COB triple-flanged hoops. They're 2.5mm, so much thicker than the original hoops, but are very nice! http://www.drumfactorydirect.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=6_7_651

-Mark

Posted on 8 years ago

I believe kingsmusic just listed a nice set on ebay.

Posted on 8 years ago

From Allenl55

I believe kingsmusic just listed a nice set on ebay.

Talk about timing! eBay item number 361741209887

Now, let's see if the OP sees this!

-Mark

Posted on 8 years ago

Wow! Thanks guys for the warm welcome and for this help. I thought later that I was asking without contributing. So, to rectify that, here’s my story:

I like Tama Superstars. Bought my first and only set wholesale in 1984 from the music store where I worked. Since then I’ve owned late ‘60s Slingerlands and 1973 Ludwigs w/clear maple interiors.

I would like to buy a new drum set some day, but I don’t like: suspension mounting, deep bass drums, or isolating rubber gaskets. Also, I like birch. I waited years and years until Tama finally made an all birch kit with triple-flanged hoops, but the birch isn’t like any I’ve ever seen and they sound cheap. Selling soon on eBay.

Ludwigs crack me up and frustrate me – it seems every decision was made by an old-school business man with no knowledge or interest in drumming. Cases in point – the tom mount in the center of the bass drum hanging the toms too far out over the back of the drum, the odd angles at which the toms can be set, and the "unique" bearing edges!

(That being said, at least you can feasibly mount up two toms;)

Thanks again for your patience and for this wonderful help! I hope I can get these rims to go with a ludaloy supra – the guy I bought my ludwigs from had a preserial ludaloy with COB hoops and it sounded like a winning combination.

Thanks again.

Britt

Tama Superstar 24/13/14/18 w/power toms, 6 ½ x 14 Imperialstar Mastercraft snare. Cherry Wine. Coated/clear Ambassadors top/bottom, coated batter and front kick.

Ludwig 22/12/13/16 w/clear maple interiors (came with original top and bottom heads.) WMP. Coated Ambassadors/Ludwig top/bottom, batter dampened w/felt kick.

Gretsch Catalina Birch 22/12/13/16/6 ½ x 14 snare. Dark Walnut. Coated/clear Ambassadors top/bottom, PS3/coated Ambassador w/cloth dampening batter/front kick.

[Attachment: 102866]

2 attachments
Posted on 8 years ago

A shot across the bow about Ludwig isn't a good start.

Your opinion though.Violin

Drum Kits
1965 Ludwig Clubdate Oyster Blue
1966 Ludwig Clubdate Oyster Black
1969 Ludwig BB Blue Oyster Keystone Clubdate
1971 Ludwig BB Black Oyster
Early 60's Camco Oaklawns Champagne Sparkle
Posted on 8 years ago

PM sent..................

I had a great day! Instead of sleeping in and wasting the day, I got up at 8 and I had all my slacking done by noon!

2Timothy1:7
Posted on 8 years ago
Action Another action Something else here