Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 133.26931%

Wanted an 18" bass shell

I am looking for a 18 inch diameter by 12 to 14 inch deep bass drum shell without hardware and preferably without wrap, I will wrap it gold sparkle. I don't care if it has extra holes because the new wrap will cover them. However, I would like a quality shell which would approximately match the other drums in the kit, which are vintage Gretsch and Premier. The result will be a more-or-less vintage player's kit, not a collector's kit. I much prefer the vintage look and sound, but I am not a stickler for precise authenticity.

Thanks in advance,

Don O. Thorpe

Posted on 8 years ago

I would just get a Keller shell and have it wrapped to match ..

Warning ... Avoid member statuscymbal here, vintage_collector on DFO , and americanpatriot10 on eBay. Email me for his name. All are the same shady guy who has burned me and a list of other members on both boards . He is also selling on Facebook too ..
Posted on 8 years ago

I agree.

Precision Drum Co can cut to depth, drill for hardware, wrap and do bearing edges however you like. They stock Keller shells but not just Maple- if you prefer other woods, they can accommodate.

The also provide hoops with any width inlay groove too...

And VERY reasonable pricing for the quality.

Cobalt Blue Yamaha Recording Custom 20b-22b-8-10-12-13-15-16f-18f
Red Ripple '70's Yamaha D-20 20b-12-14f
Piano Black Yamaha Recording Custom Be-Bop kit 18b-10-14f
Snares:
Yamaha COS SDM5; Yamaha Cobalt Blue RC 5-1/2x14; Gretsch round badge WMP; 1972 Ludwig Acrolite; 1978 Ludwig Super Sensitive; Cobalt Blue one-off Montineri; Yamaha Musashi 6.5X13 Oak; cheap 3.5X13 brass piccolo
Posted on 8 years ago

Thanks for the suggestion, however, the Kellers are a bit pricey, and I would like a shell that already has lug holes drilled -- not that I'm lazy, but it would be easier.

Posted on 8 years ago

On eBay they have some for about $130 plus shipping that were previously stained etc.

Warning ... Avoid member statuscymbal here, vintage_collector on DFO , and americanpatriot10 on eBay. Email me for his name. All are the same shady guy who has burned me and a list of other members on both boards . He is also selling on Facebook too ..
Posted on 8 years ago
Action Another action Something else here