Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 133.46973%

Vintage Zildjian????

This cymbal as listed as a 13" misc. crash.

It looks like an old Zildjian to me...what are your thoughts?

2 attachments
Posted on 6 years ago

If it's a Zildjian, it'll be stamped as such.

It looks like the right alloy, and I'd say 70's or newer based on lathing/hammering and center hole.

But, there are much smarter people than me on here with regards to old cymbals.

Cobalt Blue Yamaha Recording Custom 20b-22b-8-10-12-13-15-16f-18f
Red Ripple '70's Yamaha D-20 20b-12-14f
Piano Black Yamaha Recording Custom Be-Bop kit 18b-10-14f
Snares:
Yamaha COS SDM5; Yamaha Cobalt Blue RC 5-1/2x14; Gretsch round badge WMP; 1972 Ludwig Acrolite; 1978 Ludwig Super Sensitive; Cobalt Blue one-off Montineri; Yamaha Musashi 6.5X13 Oak; cheap 3.5X13 brass piccolo
Posted on 6 years ago

Not a Zildjian.

You can't judge the alloy using a photo. Color balance can be adjusted to make even NS12 look like B-20.

Posted on 6 years ago

I was going by the lathing as the indication that it was an old Zildjian. This is the best photo on the listing (no high res. closeups unfortunately). Guess I will pass...thanks for the help

Posted on 6 years ago

Ask if there are any stamps/marks on the cymbal.

If not, it's absolutely not a Zildjian.

Plenty out there (with stamps) so if there's no stamp, no deal!

Cobalt Blue Yamaha Recording Custom 20b-22b-8-10-12-13-15-16f-18f
Red Ripple '70's Yamaha D-20 20b-12-14f
Piano Black Yamaha Recording Custom Be-Bop kit 18b-10-14f
Snares:
Yamaha COS SDM5; Yamaha Cobalt Blue RC 5-1/2x14; Gretsch round badge WMP; 1972 Ludwig Acrolite; 1978 Ludwig Super Sensitive; Cobalt Blue one-off Montineri; Yamaha Musashi 6.5X13 Oak; cheap 3.5X13 brass piccolo
Posted on 6 years ago

If the price is right I'd snag it regardless. I personally have an older A where the stamp is hard to find, it likely wasn't struck hard back in the 1950's. But enough is there to find if you know where to look. Other stamps you couldn't miss, like the one on my 1970's Light Ride.

18 Kits & 40+ snares..
Not a Guru, just addicted to drums

- Jay
Posted on 6 years ago

From ARCHxANGEL

If the price is right I'd snag it regardless. I personally have an older A where the stamp is hard to find, it likely wasn't struck hard back in the 1950's. But enough is there to find if you know where to look. Other stamps you couldn't miss, like the one on my 1970's Light Ride.

It's a great price but I'm wanted to see if everyone thought it was a Zildjian before I pulled the trigger :)

Posted on 6 years ago
Action Another action Something else here