Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 131.46555%

Vintage Zildjian Special Selection

OOOOk, so check this out i got ahold of an old A zildjian from the 50's or 60's. I know, you've heard it a billion times; But here's the thing, it was first owned by the New England Conservatory of Music. Printed on the underside are the words "special selection" and "Concert Band" is written in a smaller, bolder print. It's got a very small amount of keyholing and one small ding on the top of the cymbal, but it sounds amazing.

The cymbal is pretty heavy but acts a lot like a Crash/ride, has a wonderful bell sound. It seems well suited for ochestral use in big crescendos because it is incredibly loud.

My question is, what are your opinions on the worth of the thing because, quite frankly i'm not worthy of the cymbal, someone with more experience deserves it. But i don't want to give it away either.

Photos coming soon...

Posted on 15 years ago

It has been my experience that concert band cymbals don't sell as well as "kit" cymbals. Weight in grams is a big thing, the lighter, the better.

Its better to have people think you're an idiot, than to open your mouth and prove them wrong, unless you doubt yourself then speak away....
Posted on 15 years ago

small pic of the underside, details probably by tomorrow

1 attachments
Posted on 15 years ago

From backbeatkeeper

It has been my experience that concert band cymbals don't sell as well as "kit" cymbals. Weight in grams is a big thing, the lighter, the better.

mhmm, i haven't really been able to weigh it yet, living in america it's difficult to find a scale in grams. Stupid Imperial system....

anyway it seems heavy, but is absolutely crashable, so it isn't you know an inch thick or anything.

Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here