Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 131.66597%

Vintage Zildjian Ride

Good day to the cymbal gurus!

I'm trying to date this 22" Zildjian Ride. It appears hand lathed as there are some good waves present. It weighs in at 3365 grams. Killer bell! Any idea of the date?

many thanks!!

2 attachments
Posted on 14 years ago

I want to say 1960's, due to the 3 dots in the script, but Drumaholiic seems to be the authority, and I'm sure he will pipe in soon.....That's a heavy cymbal too, I have a 22 that's 1100 grams lighter!! :eek:

Its better to have people think you're an idiot, than to open your mouth and prove them wrong, unless you doubt yourself then speak away....
Posted on 14 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]1960's -and wow- l have never heard of a 22" that heavy[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 14 years ago

From backbeatkeeper

I want to say 1960's, due to the 3 dots in the script, but Drumaholiic seems to be the authority, and I'm sure he will pipe in soon.....That's a heavy cymbal too, I have a 22 that's 1100 grams lighter!! :eek:

1960's is right.

Posted on 14 years ago

From Drumaholic

1960's is right.

Thanks for the input guys. I knew it couldn't be 70's. I still haven't figured out that logo business. As for the weight I've never seen one that heavy. Something about those old cymbals!

many thanks!!

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here