Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 133.46973%

Vintage Zildjian Hi Hats Need Help/Info On Age

Hi everyone just bought these off ebay had a buying weekend. Not sure of age great all round nik some keyholing but not worried about that. Not sure of the year. These are the pics from advert ive not got them yet. I wont be cleaning them as i love dirty old cymbals....sean

5 attachments
Posted on 7 years ago

One more pic cant leave it out....sean

1 attachments
Posted on 7 years ago

On The cymbal with faint ink stamp it has the cymbal stamp opposite right on edge plus the ZILDJIAN CO are all same size normally the o in Co is smaller with a line under. Im sure someone will say what its all about.

Posted on 7 years ago

From seantdrums

On The cymbal with faint ink stamp it has the cymbal stamp opposite right on edge plus the ZILDJIAN CO are all same size normally the o in Co is smaller with a line under. Im sure someone will say what its all about.

I usually am not interested in A's past the 1960's, but I believe the stamp with the large CO is an '80's stamp.

Mark
BosLover
Posted on 7 years ago

From BosLover

I usually am not interested in A's past the 1960's, but I believe the stamp with the large CO is an '80's stamp.

Yes, 1980s. And you can see that hat also has the solid AVEDIS ink on top although it is quite faded. The solid AVEDIS in on top is 1982ish.

ref: http://black.net.nz/avedis/avedis-gallery.html#CO

Note that my reference photo has a comment about the stamp being right at the outer edge thus the cymbal was likely cut down. Since I wrote that I've come across a few more with the stamp right near the edge. Deciding on whether or not the cymbal is cut down would depend on nesting one in the other and checking the curvature. A larger diameter cymbal cut down to 14" will have a different curvature right out at the outer edge. If the curvature is the same then this is more evidence that sometimes they put the CO stamp right out on the edge, so I'd love to know about your new one when it arrives. I might need to amend my reference text accordingly.

The other cymbal has a 60s stamp. I can't tell if it is the 1.5" (tall) version or the 1 3/16" (short) version from the image.

Posted on 7 years ago

When i get the hi hats i will take pics with the measure plus a side profile and see if the 80's one has been cut down. The guy told me they sound absolutely awesome, i will soon find out. Thanks guys for all your input once again........Thx....sean

Posted on 7 years ago

If it is a chop down cymbal looks like it was done some years ago. Also do you think it was maybe a 16" as bell looks like other cymbal. All should be revealed once i get the cymbals.

Posted on 7 years ago

Hi Zenstat....Got the hi hats. Firstly they both fit like a glove. The stamp on the 60's is the short same on the 80's. Took some profile pics etc etc. Plus they sound great. Bottom is 1350 top is 765. Some keyholing but they have been played full time. A great addition to my early 60's premiers. Who needs new when class cymbals like this are still about.

Posted on 7 years ago
Action Another action Something else here