Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 132.66806%

Vintage Zildjian Crash and Hats question

Hello, this is my first post to this website. Nice to meet you all.

I recently came across a few vintage cymbals and would love to know some more about them. One is a very thin 14" crash cymbal that reads "Avedis Zildjian Co Genuine Turkish Cymbals Made in USA" (See pic) and the others are a pair of 13" hi hats that read "Zildjian Co Istanbul Zildjian" (see pic). I have no idea what year these are or what they may be worth. Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks VDF.

Edit: I just noticed a small "tear" in the bottom of the bottom hi-hat. Darn!DOH How will this affect the value?

www.coalitiondrumshop.com
Posted on 11 years ago

The made in USA stamp is an early Zildjian stamp, circa 30's-40's, the other looks to be an Old Stamp IIa, but the real authority is Drumaholic. I'd say the hats could be worth $500.00-1000.00, and the 14 crash maybe $200.00-400.00'

Others will chime in, nice find!!

Its better to have people think you're an idiot, than to open your mouth and prove them wrong, unless you doubt yourself then speak away....
Posted on 11 years ago

Welcome to the forum!

Wow, you sure found a great set of cymbals! I think backbeatkeeper is pretty accurate with what you have, but let's see what others "in the know" have to say.

Again, welcome!

Mark

Posted on 11 years ago

Hihat stamp is definitely IIa type, period

1945-1949.

---------------------
In case of deal with johnnyringo:
http://www.vintagedrumforum.com/show...80&postcount=1
Posted on 11 years ago

Bumping this hoping Drumaholic comments. I've seen the cymbals and Hackingwood is a friend.. so I'm quite curious!

Cassidy

Posted on 11 years ago
Action Another action Something else here