Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 132.06681%

Vintage Zildjian 15" and Zilco 12" Help

I recently bought a couple of cymbals at a garage sale. Can anyone give me an idea of when they were made and what they might be worth? I'm looking to sell them as I'm not a musician, but not being a musician I'm not sure what they're worth either.

No cracks, very heavy brass, logos were difficult to take pics of so I drew them out and took pics of them.

Thanks!

Posted on 14 years ago

The Zilco might be part of a hi hat set. Do you just have the one? this cymbal is likely from the 50's and isn't worth huge dollars, especially if it's an orphan from a set of hats. If it sounds good as a small crash or large splash, then you'll get something for it just because of the coolness factor. I have a set of these hats and they tend to be very tinny sounding. I've had a very tough time unloading them.

The 15" looks to be a nice Avedis Zildjian crash. You'd get something in the neighborhood of $100 for that one around here, but the local market in your part of the country will dictate what you can actually get.

Good luck and keep us posted!

Posted on 14 years ago

Thanks for the reply!

The small one does sound a bit "tinny" and there is only one (I looked for more).

$100 for the big one would be good. If the small one isn't worth much, I might still use it for the original purpose I bought them...

If you really want to know why I bought them (as I don't play the drums) I'll post it, but I'll probably have to run for the hills from everyone on this list...

Thanks!

Posted on 14 years ago

I'd like to know, I'm not gearing up to chase you either!

About the 15"er, not sure if it is indeed worth that much. You said it was heavy. I'm thinking it may be a hihat cymbal as well. Probably not worth that much unless you can provide closeups of the engraved logo to make me feel confident it is really old, in which case it could be worth that much. otherwise I would never advise someone buy a cymbal with only one picture of the top of it, and the price would be closer to around $60, which would be a good price for you, and assumes someone buying it would be in the market for another 15" hihat cymbal.

Posted on 14 years ago

Yeah, i'm looking for a 15" mate to a bottom HH. I think i sent a pm. Email me at [email]sonor13@sbcglobal.net[/email]

Thanks, Gary.

Sonor teardrops:
12,13,16,20, 14x5 snare
Fibes crystallite-14x5.5 snare
Posted on 14 years ago

From Duelist

I recently bought a couple of cymbals at a garage sale. Can anyone give me an idea of when they were made and what they might be worth? I'm looking to sell them as I'm not a musician, but not being a musician I'm not sure what they're worth either. No cracks, very heavy brass, logos were difficult to take pics of so I drew them out and took pics of them.Thanks!

It would be useful to see the actual stamp for the Zildjian rather than a hand drawn version.

Mark
BosLover
Posted on 14 years ago

I'll see if I can get a better picture of the stamps and pics of the bottoms of the cymbals.

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here