Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 132.06681%

vintage Zildjian 10" and unmarked 11" - ID help

I found my old cymbals in the garage and have been there for many years, but there's a few that are much older than the ones i originally bought in the stores these two I can't figure out, hope someone here can help me ID these two. I have a few others that are all marked ZILCO, and from what i've read here, those were made 1968-1971? Help is much appreciated!

the first one (4 pics) is a 10" - weighs 9.9 oz - about 280 g ? the stamping is worn down.

4 attachments
Posted on 14 years ago

the second cymbal has a tall bell - 11" - weighs 14.3 oz - about 405 g - there is no stamping i can find, but there is a signature in the middle inside of the bell - this came from the same place as the other cymbal. :)

3 attachments
Posted on 14 years ago

The ones above look Italian.....

usually they are heavy,and have no stamped sig in the metal,and have tall bells too............

"Always make sure your front bottom BD lugs clear the ground!"
Posted on 14 years ago

The first one is an early 1930's Avedis.

The 2nd is an Italian made type of some sort. The signature seems to begin with a letter "A" but that's all that can be clearly deciphered. It's tempting to say it's an Ajaha, because of the lack of any impressed trademark, but every example of that I've ever seen of one of those invariably began with an "XE" first. So that's still partially a mystery.

Posted on 14 years ago

From Drumaholic

The first one is an early 1930's Avedis.The 2nd is an Italian made type of some sort. The signature seems to begin with a letter "A" but that's all that can be clearly deciphered. It's tempting to say it's an Ajaha, because of the lack of any impressed trademark, but every example of that I've ever seen of one of those invariably began with an "XE" first. So that's still partially a mystery.

thanks very much! I will try and get a better picture of that sig, maybe try and enhance it a little so it is legible. Thats more help info i've got than in a whole year of on/off searching - you dont know how much i appreciate it! Yes Sir

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here