Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 133.06889%

Vintage UFIP question

Anybody know what year UFIP cymbal this is , and if its worth $ 75 ? This is a photo of the stamp - it's a 22 inch ride . Top quality cymbal ?

1 attachments
1963 Gretsch Progressive Jazz Champagne Sparkle
1967 Ludwig Super Classic Oyster Blue Pearl
Yamaha Birch Custom Absolute Burgundy Spkl. bop
etc...
Posted on 10 years ago

I'd say a 22" is certainly worth $75. I've paid more than twice that for 20" ones (albeit from an earlier decade).

Check out:

http://www.vintagedrumforum.com/showthread.php?t=35714

which shows a similar die stamp and says late 70s. There are other threads

http://www.vintagedrumforum.com/showthread.php?t=33679

with various die stamps from different eras. I don't consider Rob Scott's Italian Timeline much of a timeline because he doesn't actually give decades for the different die stamps. The link to that is part of my reply in an older thread. So I've started collecting up info, but I've been busy on other projects so nothing by way of a web site has come out the other end yet.

Posted on 10 years ago

Wow - thanks for the quick reply !

So probably 70's .

For this price I think I'll take a chance on it .

Cheers !

etc...
Posted on 10 years ago

[SIZE="3"]UFIP made (and makes) everything from top quality to more economical offers. Their top quality stuff rivals anyone's. Do you have a picture of the whole cymbal? Seeing the lathing would tell me more. [/SIZE]

Posted on 10 years ago

From jeff_r0x

[SIZE="3"]UFIP made (and makes) everything from top quality to more economical offers. Their top quality stuff rivals anyone's. Do you have a picture of the whole cymbal? Seeing the lathing would tell me more. [/SIZE]

The cymbal is on auction here in Japan , and the photos can't be copied . They really aren't very clear anyway so taking a photo ( as I did with the logo ) of the auction photo would be a waste of time .

etc...
Posted on 10 years ago

No worries. Thinking back, I do not believe that UFIP put their name on anything but very general pro cymbals during this period, much like their current Class series, or like an Avedis Zildjian. They made the Kashian B8 sheet cymbals for Slingerland, as well as the B8 Abraxis line, but these would not have said UFIP anywhere on them.

As Zenstat said, you can't go wrong for $75. Even if it's not your taste, you shouldn't have a problem unloading it.

Posted on 10 years ago

Somebody snagged it before I had a chance to do a Buy It Now ...

etc...
Posted on 10 years ago

Well that's a bummer.

Posted on 10 years ago
Action Another action Something else here