Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 131.46555%

vintage Slingerland snare parts

I'm needing a little help.VDG,emailed me about a place JR parts for the Slingerland snare drum parts.And is a disconnected number.Does anybody have any other contacts that might be able to help me get my parts for the snare drum?Bump Bump

Posted on 18 years ago

Specifically who do you need to contact and what is the part(s) you need?

David

Posted on 18 years ago

Oh,Thank you for responding.Ok,here we go.The stamp on the Slingerland badge is serial #17919/ Niles,Chicago.I dismantled the drum completely to start on the restore.I would like to have a OEM strainer.The part has a long arm for the throw-off,it's flat and then it curves around the top.This strainer

slips up and down and has a rounded top screw/bolt adjuster on the front of the part.This strainer is bradded/stamp and does not come apart.

I also need a replacement top and bottom diecast type hoop that Slingerland use to supply their drums with.I suppose I could use a new snare bed for the bottom,or I could experiment with some others.But,I would really like to have an original.All of the lugs seemed to be fine.Although when I removed them from the metal shell they were all packed not with cotton balls but with a felt material.I'm not sure if these came this way from the factory or not.

One more thing that puzzles me,,after I took the drum apart the shell is very flimsy and it seems to be a one piece sheet and where it is joined together it has another metal brackett where the shell is welded.And right where the butt plate is and on the other side of the shell where the strainer attaches

the shell has a indention on the shell perfectly on both sides.Surely that isn't suppose to be factory is it?I guess I could Slingerland Nashville and see what I could find out.The snare drum comes with the attached muffler on the inside.I really appreciate your time helping me with my project snare.

If you are able to help me,I'll owe you one big time.

Thanks,

Broadways Singing DrummerExcited Help :)

Posted on 18 years ago

Oh Oh OH,Ijust saw the strainer on the forum topic "restoration 101".

It's called a Rapid Strainer and that's the hoops that I need as well.They look kinda' diecast type.If this helps any to the previous email that I had written.

Thanks BroadwayssingingdrummerKeep on Pl :) D' Drummer

Posted on 18 years ago
Action Another action Something else here