Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 133.46973%

Vintage Sabian 18" Crash Question

Hi folks!! I've got a Sabian crash I'm looking to get rid of to save up for a 2002 crash, but I'm not too familiar with old Sabians. It has a simple stamp with it's name and "Canada" underneath. Obviously, all the ink stamps are no longer there. Based on quick research, it looks like it could be an old AA or stencil logo crash even older than an AA.

What is everyone's thoughts? What could it be worth?

Thank you guys!

Luke

3 attachments
IN SEARCH OF:
  • 1964-1966 Rogers 9x13 rack tom in silver sparkle. Beavertail lugs, flat grey Cleveland tag interior
  • 1964-1966 Rogers 22 OR 24x14 bass drum in silver sparkle. Beavertail lugs, flat grey Cleveland tag interior
  • 1959 Rogers Holiday 5x14 snare drum in blue sparkle. Serial number #13382. Large double sided bread and butter lugs. Part of my kit that was split up before I purchased it. Bring the snare home!
Posted on 7 years ago

Looks like it could possible be an early HH from the pictures? It looks like it is hammered differently than a traditional AA.

Is that a small keyhole I'm seeing? Assuming condition is good otherwise, I would say around $100 would be a fair asking price, factoring in the keyhole. Weight is also a factor. Thinner might command $5 to $10 more.

Posted on 7 years ago

From vyacheslav

Looks like it could possible be an early HH from the pictures? It looks like it is hammered differently than a traditional AA.Is that a small keyhole I'm seeing? Assuming condition is good otherwise, I would say around $100 would be a fair asking price, factoring in the keyhole. Weight is also a factor. Thinner might command $5 to $10 more.

I also posted this over at drumforum.org and a couple guys said it was an old AA, not an HH based on the precise hammering (something that only a machine could do, not by hand).

There is a small keyhole developing in the cymbal. But $100 is very fair! That's the price suggested over on the other site as well, so I think I'll stick with that.

I don't have a weight on me, but it is relatively light for an 18" crash. I'll have to weigh it and incorporate that into things. Thanks for the info!

IN SEARCH OF:
  • 1964-1966 Rogers 9x13 rack tom in silver sparkle. Beavertail lugs, flat grey Cleveland tag interior
  • 1964-1966 Rogers 22 OR 24x14 bass drum in silver sparkle. Beavertail lugs, flat grey Cleveland tag interior
  • 1959 Rogers Holiday 5x14 snare drum in blue sparkle. Serial number #13382. Large double sided bread and butter lugs. Part of my kit that was split up before I purchased it. Bring the snare home!
Posted on 7 years ago
Action Another action Something else here