Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 133.06889%

Vintage PEARL DELUXE cymbals!

Hello everyone!

There is very little info about these Old Pearl cymbals anywhere I look.

They are the DELUXE PEARL series, and apart from being made in Japan I have no other information about them

I own a 22" ride and a 15" HH. See pictures attached!

Anyone has any information about them? year-quality-worth?

keep well and thank you!

5 attachments
24.4 kB
22.5 kB
29.2 kB
24.5 kB
Posted on 10 years ago

I used to have a Pearl 'Special' cymbal - sold it to a friend. Apparently Deluxe, Special were their models. Not sure about dates / value.

MIJ cymbals are a bit difficult to appraise. Some end up being given away - some garner serious cash for what it is ($100). The bigger rides are more valuable. HHs tend to be very low in value due to sound quality lacking so much. Only valuable to collectors. The big rides can sound very good - but good for Jazz for the most part. Most of these are crashable too - but tend to be very trashy and a bit on the quiet side.

Yes, indeed I love MIJ cymbals :) and only partially because they are affordable.

I had a great day! Instead of sleeping in and wasting the day, I got up at 8 and I had all my slacking done by noon!

2Timothy1:7
Posted on 10 years ago

Sorry no help on the value. Based on the logo, I would say the late 60s. The 1969 catalog shows the available sizes but no other info. [ame]http://www.drumarchive.com/Pearl/Pearl1969.pdf[/ame] I would be interested in them if/when you decide to part with them. If drummerjohn doesn't want them.

Looking for a late 80's to early 90's, preferably Arctic White Pearl MLX 14x14 floor tom.
Posted on 10 years ago

Thanks for the consideration - I am in no position to buy right now. Basically 'on the sell right now'.

I recommend the OP make a video if/when he is interested in selling. Vids make all the difference and prevent buyers remorse and hard feelings between members (many times unspoken).

........no, I am not mad at you......... ;)

I had a great day! Instead of sleeping in and wasting the day, I got up at 8 and I had all my slacking done by noon!

2Timothy1:7
Posted on 10 years ago

Yup, 1969 Pearl cymbals. Made in Japan by Pearl, they had two lines "Deluxe" and "Special". Made from quality materials (B20 alloy) they never lived up to the sound Pearl wanted so they also offered "Zildjian" cymbals in their catalogs. The history of Pearl cymbals is interesting and there's a ton of incorrect info on them in web land. I think the best of the Pearl cymbals was the "Pearl Pro" hammered models made in Canada by Sabian in the old Zilco factory. They also produced "Pearl Pro" non-hammered and then just "Pearl" made in Canada. I believe they were all B8 formula pies. Offered over maybe a five year period, some of the Pro models sounded very good. I don't know why they quit making them.Jump For Joy

Posted on 9 years ago
Action Another action Something else here