Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 132.86848%

Vintage (?) Paiste - need to determine the model

Hi folks,

I was hoping that someone in this forum might help me to determine the model of some Paistes a guy is offering to sell.

18" Medium thin crash - It has a black "Paiste" label very close the bell on 12:00 and a Red "Medium thin" label on 3:00

14" Medium thin Hi-hat - As well as for the 18" crash - has a black labeled "Paiste" logo very close to the bell on 12:00 and a "Medium thin" label on 3:00

I was thinking that these might be the 602 sound formula; however the black "Paiste" logo is smaller than usually for the 602 sound formulas. So any suggestions?

P.s. Have asked the guy to send me more photos of the cymbals as vell as the serial numbers - hope to find out a little bit more that way.

Posted on 11 years ago

You must post photos for us to help you.

In the meantime you can look through here for them. You will find good coverage of all the different models

http://www.paiste-only.com/paistewiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

Posted on 11 years ago

From zenstat

You must post photos for us to help you.In the meantime you can look through here for them. You will find good coverage of all the different modelshttp://www.paiste-only.com/paistewiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

Indeed - there are drummers on here that are so good - they likely would be able to tell by the lathing. So, please try to post some pics. Save them to your computer, compress them (smaller data size) and then you will be able to attach them. I use Microsoft Office Picture Manager - compress to "document" size, re-save (I name them with a COMP in the file name), attach the new file it creates.

Not trying to treat you like an idiot - just quite common that people on here don't know how to compress and attach on here when they first start on here - myself included until I learned.

It was pretty common for Paiste to label up their early version of a cymbal with the black ink like that, then designated a color and logo for that model later. My understanding is that most of the black label Paistes are from the 70s.

Love the Paistes!

John

I had a great day! Instead of sleeping in and wasting the day, I got up at 8 and I had all my slacking done by noon!

2Timothy1:7
Posted on 11 years ago
Home Of The Trout
YouTube Channel
Posted on 11 years ago

Those sound like Pre-Serial 602's, above the black Paiste stamp closer to the edge, there is more than likely a engraved stamp thats says Paiste Formula 602

Its better to have people think you're an idiot, than to open your mouth and prove them wrong, unless you doubt yourself then speak away....
Posted on 11 years ago

From backbeatkeeper

Those sound like Pre-Serial 602's, above the black Paiste stamp closer to the edge, there is more than likely a engraved stamp thats says Paiste Formula 602

That is my thoughts also!

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 11 years ago

From vintagemore2000

That is my thoughts also!

Brilliant minds think alike, eh?

Its better to have people think you're an idiot, than to open your mouth and prove them wrong, unless you doubt yourself then speak away....
Posted on 11 years ago
Action Another action Something else here