Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.85386%

Vintage floor tom fake??!

Hi i recently purchased a premier foote (?) floor tom 16" X 15" and i received it in really bad condition. It is pre international size so a standard 16" head doesnt fit on it. The wrap is peeled on two parts of the drum.

Also the actual badge is wonky - the foote is not parallel with the premier badge (?)

There are also holes in the drum that look like they held something or been unscrewed.

Im a bit confused with this and would greatly appriciate help and information on this drum ie. when the drum was made etc, whether im just being paranoid! ( i knew someone that used bits and pieces of drums and sold them as 'vintage!')

Thanks a lot!

5 attachments
Posted on 16 years ago

Hi,

One thing that really gets me going in life is counterfiet!! If your buying something when you know its fake, and paying fake prices then thats OK I guess but passing something off as genuine really P's me off!

Sorry, theres my mad rant for the day. Hopefully your tom isnt fake mate, but there are a few things that I see that look suspect. These are purely my first opinions and arent backed with facts, but the first things that jump up at me are 1) The eyelet in the Premier badge looks rather clean and new. Recently replaced maybe?? 2) The massive gap in the wrap. Have Premier ever let anything out of thier factorys with a gash like that on a floor tom?? I dont know? 3) The suspect holes in the tom. Strange.

Could anyone shed more light on the 3 things I've picked up. Hopefully its not fake mate, and just a poorly modified tom that you can restore!

Regards

Mull

Posted on 16 years ago

my first kit was a premier same model.

Bearing in mind it was 20 years ago my wrap was spliting between the lugs ,not quite as much as yours is . But judging by the lug corrosion it looks to have had a little time on a shed or outside.

the legs look a little different to the ones on my kit too.

the 'foote ' badge incase you didnt know is a drum retailer in golden sq london.

And they're still there and a ludwig,premier dealer to boot

Posted on 16 years ago

ok thanks, i might just sell it again on ebay, thats how i got it, (for £27) unless you think i can get a good sound out of it?

thanks again,

Posted on 16 years ago
Action Another action Something else here