Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 131.46555%

vintage cymbal stamps

Here's some pic's of some old cymbal stamps that came with this vintage bass drum. Each one had a different stamp.

Posted on 15 years ago

1. Avedis from the 1930's, but there isn't a good enough trademark stamping to analyze in order to tell if its early or late in the era.

2. Stanoples were "Turkish style" cymbals made in Italy, most likely also from the 1930's. These can be very nice, and sounded much like old A's.

3. Zenjian, was a stencil brand made for Zildjian by UFIP. These were made in the '30's, 40's, and '50's. I would expect this to be of the same era as the others.

4. Ludwig cymbals were made during this same era, but by which manufacturer I don't know. These were low end budget line cymbals that sounded pretty junky. They weren't even hammered.

Posted on 15 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Those are some dang nice ol' cymbals if they are in good shape (except the Ludwig, which really wasn't up to much). If you don't plan on keeping any, they can fetch some good $$$$ on eFlay.

Although, if you are a vintage buff...I would suggest keeping 'em.[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 15 years ago

Thanks so much for that input. Very informative. :cool:

Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here