Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 131.46555%

Vintage Cymbal Alert!! This Just In...a 24" HH 1954 Avedis!!

I bought this from a member at here at Vintage Drum Forum. When I saw the photo, I initially thought that I would be getting an early 1960's A. I was quite surprised when I opened the box and found out what it really was. Cymbals from this era were completely hand hammered just like the old trans stamps, but nobody knows how to recognize one type from the other as of yet, but me. The die stamp on this cymbal is identically the same as what's found on an early 60's type. Both were exactly the same even down to the tiniest detail. But I located an almost microscopic defect in the both dies that confirm them to both be identical without any doubt. Even so, there are 2 things about the manner in which this trademark was stamped in 1954 vs. how it was stamped in the early 60's, which I'll keep confidential until the timeline is finally released. But what I can tell you now is that these 2 unique things make correct identification of the 1954 type vs. the early 1960's type very easy.

This cymbal weighs 3083 grams. That would be a medium thin in my opinion. This must have been some old timers baby because it's in perfectly mint condition. Here's an on the stand photo:

[img]http://photos.imageevent.com/drumaholic/elvinscymbals/PICT1756.JPG[/img]

Here's 2 shots deigned to enhance the extensive hand hammering on this cymbal:

[img]http://photos.imageevent.com/drumaholic/elvinscymbals/PICT1676.jpg[/img]

[img]http://photos.imageevent.com/drumaholic/elvinscymbals/PICT1620.jpg[/img]

Here's a link to a soundfile of it. This will take a while, but I think you'll find it worth the wait:

24" Avedis 1954

And here's another soundfile played only with soft mallets. Download time for this one will be much shorter:

24" 1954 A - mallet rolls

Posted on 15 years ago

Damn ! Bill, that old pie looks absolutely delicious !

She's found her way home to the right guy. Lucky bahstahd !

I'd love to be in your will...

Had you not revealed she was a '54, I think I'd have enjoyed that ride as a '60s pie just the same. Only your trained eye would've spotted it.

How's the timeline coming along...?

Posted on 15 years ago

gorgeous cymbal!!Burger Kin

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 15 years ago

Glad you're liking the cymbal Bill. '54? Wow. Well preserved. Have you removed the rivets? I wanted to, but was afraid that it would lower the value. If you're feeling guilty about getting such a good deal, you could send me another check.Excited Ha Ha.

Posted on 15 years ago

Is it me or do Istanbul Mehmets look extemely similar? Hmmmm

Ya I know Mehmet worked in the K factory....and this is an Avedis....its just eery how similar they look to me....

Posted on 15 years ago

From atomicmorganic

Glad you're liking the cymbal Bill. '54? Wow. Well preserved. Have you removed the rivets? I wanted to, but was afraid that it would lower the value. If you're feeling guilty about getting such a good deal, you could send me another check.Excited Ha Ha.

The first thing that I did as soon as I got it out of the box was to extract the rivets. I still have them and they could be re-installed, but I wouldn't dream of ever doing that.

Posted on 15 years ago

Wow! That is incredible.

Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here