Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 132.86848%

Vintage 22" K heavy ride (care)

I recently picked up 5 K's, one of which is an early 80's K ride, nice looking, however my perfectionistic OCD side me see's 3 small dime size tarnish marks, I was thinking about cleaning it, but then thought again, and would dread having the appearance look "OFF" after trying to get those marks off, in the past when cleaning these, I would put more pressure on the tarnish marks, and when done those areas, would stand out even more than before. so, with that said, is there anything I can try, or just leave it alone.

Lots of Slingerland drums
70's Pearl Fiberglass Ivory
Posted on 11 years ago

If you plan to keep it for yourself, and it bugs you, then I'd say clean it, but I don't know any tips for having it look even in the end.

However, if you plan on selling in the near future, I'd definitely leave it alone, as it will be harder to sell once cleaned (especially if the K logos get cleaned off). Most drummers don't care about a few tarnish spots, and prefer the uncleaned look.

http://www.classicvintagedrums.com
Posted on 11 years ago

I'd leave it alone. To my way of thinking, cleaning a K kind of negates the whole point of having a K. Let it get darker and improve with age.

Let us know how you like them.

9x Slingerland New Rock 50N 12-13-16-22 with 170 (Super S-O-M) holder
• 1979 Oak
• 1978 Blakrome + 6.5x14 TDR SD
• 1977 Black Diamond Pearl + 5x14 SD (gold badge, Rapid strainer)
• 1976 Black Cordova
• 1975 Silver Sparkle + 5x14 SD (Rapid strainer)
• 1974 Chrome + 5x14 COB TDR and 6.5x14 COW Zoomatic SDs
• 1973 Purple Sparkle
• 1973 Phantom (clear)
• 1971 Walnut (gold badges) + 5x14 TDR SD
1x Rogers Powertone Londoner V 12-13-16-22
• 1972 Butcher Block + 1979 big R Dynasonic SD
Posted on 11 years ago
Action Another action Something else here