Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 132.46764%

vintage 20" zildjian crash

Hey guy's i hope you can help me out here . i just picked up a 20" zildjian rock crash in great shape made in canada she's heavy it comes in at 2903 grams . i know very little about vintage zildjian a's and how to determine the year's on them and value . i'm thinking it's around mid 70's , i never seen one , is this a desirable cymbal for the zildjian fan . what would be a good ball park number if i should sell this cymbal or use the value on it for fair trade . all the help i can get would be cool thanks .

3 attachments
80's 13 pc sonor signature
1979 12 pc ludwig power factory
Posted on 13 years ago

From drums2xs

Hey guy's i hope you can help me out here . i just picked up a 20" zildjian rock crash in great shape made in canada she's heavy it comes in at 2903 grams . i know very little about vintage zildjian a's and how to determine the year's on them and value . i'm thinking it's around mid 70's , i never seen one , is this a desirable cymbal for the zildjian fan . what would be a good ball park number if i should sell this cymbal or use the value on it for fair trade . all the help i can get would be cool thanks .

Made in Canada and Open Logo puts it 78-80. Heavy crashes aren't as desirable as thinner ones, but you never know. It might make a good Ride as well for the right situation.

Posted on 13 years ago

At 2900 plus grams, you could use that as a ride/crash. Cymbal is made in the 70's, keep it. I haven't seen many Hollow logo crashes with the top ink mark designation. At least ones with that groovy way of writing ROCK

Its better to have people think you're an idiot, than to open your mouth and prove them wrong, unless you doubt yourself then speak away....
Posted on 13 years ago

From backbeatkeeper

At 2900 plus grams, you could use that as a ride/crash. Cymbal is made in the 70's, keep it. I haven't seen many Hollow logo crashes with the top ink mark designation. At least ones with that groovy way of writing ROCK

Same here.

Posted on 13 years ago

ive seen lots of hollow ink cymbals but none with those top stamps. interesting to see a 2900 20 listed as a crash. thats certainly a rock crash. great find.

mike

Posted on 13 years ago

Cool i like odd ball stuff , thats the reason i went for it . i hope i did not get burnt on it . i never seen anything in the way ROCK is writen out this very groovy for sure . i'm gonna hold on to it and add it to my pvt stash . i still would like to see if there is any other out there that made it after all these year's with the logo intacked , at 2900 + grams for 20" crash there must not be many around

Posted on 13 years ago

From drums2xs

Cool i like odd ball stuff , thats the reason i went for it . i hope i did not get burnt on it . i never seen anything in the way ROCK is writen out this very groovy for sure . i'm gonna hold on to it and add it to my pvt stash . i still would like to see if there is any other out there that made it after all these year's with the logo intacked , at 2900 + grams for 20" crash there must not be many around

Another somewhat unique thing about the cymbal is its 20” size. In the Zildjian catalogs of the late 70’s up until recently, the Rock Crash is available up to size 19”. There are not a lot of 20” Rock Crashes out there.

Posted on 13 years ago

From Bri6366

Another somewhat unique thing about the cymbal is its 20” size. In the Zildjian catalogs of the late 70’s up until recently, the Rock Crash is available up to size 19”. There are not a lot of 20” Rock Crashes out there.

Thank's bri366 . it's cool to know that i may have a very rare bird on my hands if anyone can add new info on this rare dodo bird love to hear more

Posted on 13 years ago
Action Another action Something else here