Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 131.46555%

Victor J. LaPace Company cymbal

Hi,

I got this cymbal when I got my used 1960s ludwig psychedelic drum set back in the early 1980s. I have a Victor J. LaPace Company 14 inch cymbal with rivot holes around the edges as seen from pictures. I unfortunately can not take a clear picture of the tag. I do not know anything about this cymbal company, when it was made, todays price value and was hoping someone might be able to help me out on it. Were the rivots put in by the factory or by the drummer and why? It has etched what looks like a kings crown then below that has written Victor next line J. next line LaPace Co. next line Turkish Style Cymbal next line Made in U.S.A.

Thank you for any information on this cymbal.

2 attachments
Posted on 18 years ago

I have never heard or seen a cymbal stamped this way. I'm guessing a small custom cymbal shop?? or a private stamp from one of the larger

companies of the time.

I will check a few resources.

We can try over at cymbalholics.com

David

Posted on 18 years ago

Quoted post

I have never heard or seen a cymbal stamped this way. I'm guessing a small custom cymbal shop?? or a private stamp from one of the larger companies of the time. I will check a few resources. We can try over at cymbalholics.com David

ok, thank you. Robert

Posted on 18 years ago

There was one of these cymbals on English ebay a month ago,I was out bid[out gigging].Same markings, no holes,I think it was a 15in.never heard of them before,then see two in the same month!!!.Dion

Posted on 18 years ago

I went to cymbalholics and discovered it was a Victor J. La Page Company. I at the time was unable to identify with the name and could not tell whether it was a C or G from the tarnish in La Page. Cymbalholics even put cymbal logo up which had the name and the crown. So that helped to solve that mystery for me. Best Wishes. Robert

Posted on 18 years ago
Action Another action Something else here