Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.85386%

Very Sad News

About 15 minutes ago as I was sitting here polishing and tuning my Dyna-Sonic while listening to Bruce and Cathy Felters CD "Cathy Sings" the phone rang and it was Cathy. My good friend and Rogers buddy Bruce Felter passed away this morning. Cathy wanted me to let all of his Rogers friends know the sad news. Bruce was known on the drum forums as Longroll.

I am absolutely heartbroken. Bruce was one of the finest people I've ever known.

Bruces wonderful collection of Rogers Dyna-Sonic snares (over 60) is featured in Rob Cooks "The Rogers Book"

Cathy said they were in the process of getting DSL installed so the their email isn't working. If you would like to send a message of condolence please send to me and I will forward when Cathy has email again.

[email]musicbybj@bresnan.net[/email]

Jack

:(

http://Rogers Owners Forum
Posted on 16 years ago

My condolences to you on the loss of your friend and to the family.

Its better to have people think you're an idiot, than to open your mouth and prove them wrong, unless you doubt yourself then speak away....
Posted on 16 years ago

Bruce was probably the most knowledgeable man on earth where Rogers Drums are concerned.

He was a tremendous guy.

My sincerest condolances to everyone.

Rogers Drums Big R era 1975-1984 Dating Guide.
http://www.vintagedrumforum.com/showthread.php?t=24048
Posted on 16 years ago

Bruce has had his collection featured here for about 4 years... Click Here

Nice to talk to on the phone and see at the Chicago Show...

This is the second drummer friend this year that passed away too young...

David

Posted on 16 years ago

True...But we,re only human.Life and death is what living is all about.

Hit like you mean it!!
Posted on 16 years ago

I agree with you on that Wayne, some of the healthiest people die early and some of the most unhealthy people live the longest...

When it is your time it is your time, you just wish it is later in life then

earlier, but of course out of our control...

David

Posted on 16 years ago

Sorry to read about Longroll, man. I knew his screen name for quite awhile. He was a knowledgeable guy. My condolences to his family and friends.

What happened????

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 16 years ago

You know, I keep a relatively low profile on this board, but read/monitor it constantly, as I am the moderator, so needless to say, the news of Bruce's passing has brought me out, and I must post...

I knew Bruce very well, and we would talk on the phone quite a bit as he had a habit of calling me out of the blue every two months or so, just to talk about Rogers, drums, or drumming. But there was more to it than that as we would also chat about life in general, and how all of that was going. Interestingly, I also sold Bruce four different Rogers snare drums... two of which he was REALLY fond of as they are the picture that make up his Avatar on the ROF site:

A 1965 Rogers WMP Dynasonic, and a 1967 Rogers Red Sparkle Pearl Dynasonic, both of them in near MINT condition. Bruce ALWAYS thanked me for selling him the '67 WMP Dynasonic as it became one of his favorites... ( he called it his Buddy drum ) ... amazing when you think about that, as that drum was but ONE of 60 in his collection. I always used to tell him that he was the curator/owner of the West Coast Rogers Drum Museum. He always got a kick out of that.

We did meet and get together at the Chicago Vintage Drum Show along with our most esteemed forum host, David Anfuso. It was quite an excellent time, and a lot of jocularity ensued, as well as a deep love and respect for drums and drumming. With Bruce and I both being Rogers FREAKS, well, there was plenty to talk about!

Bruce was an excellent human being with his heart in the right place... he will be sorely missed by ALL that knew him, either personally or through the internet. My personal heratfelt condolences to Cathy and the rest of his friends and family. Rest in peace Bruce.

Tommyp

Posted on 16 years ago

It was a heart attack and sudden of course.... There is a post over at the Rogers Owners Forum with the information.

David

Posted on 16 years ago
Action Another action Something else here