Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 131.86639%

Very rare Avedis double stamp found

[img]http://photos.imageevent.com/drumaholic/kerope/Copy%20of%2018%20ADS.jpg[/img]

This one has been stamped with two separate dies, each one from a different era; and both large stamps.

[img]http://photos.imageevent.com/drumaholic/kerope/websize/18%20TM%20combo.jpg[/img]

It's rare but not unheard of for 2 identical stamps to be found on a cymbal perhaps do to an incomplete take on the first try. But 2 stamps which are both perfectly good, and of different types is even more rare than that.

Posted on 14 years ago

This kind of blows apart the whole theory that Zildjians can be exactly dated using the stamp type, doesn't it? It makes the stamp more of a useful guide, and less of an exact measure.

Posted on 14 years ago

From 4MoreYearsOhNo

This kind of blows apart the whole theory that Zildjians can be exactly dated using the stamp type, doesn't it? It makes the stamp more of a useful guide, and less of an exact measure.

No it doesn't. In fact the exact opposite is true. Examples like this one are incredibly valuable in determining correct trademark chronology.

Posted on 14 years ago

...as they switched from one stamp press to another? A sort of transition period?

Posted on 14 years ago

From mcjnic

...as they switched from one stamp press to another? A sort of transition period?

I don't want to get into details of what I mean right now. I've already had too much of my material plagiarized by wanabee trademark experts with their own homemade versions of a timeline. I don't want to give out anything that could be used by someone else to make them seem credible. And that's also the reason that there's no timeline available for everyone to see right now.

Posted on 14 years ago

Please read this without animosity inferred. It's a very calm response.

I would like to say that I understand your position. I would like to say that, but I can't. It's not my place to question your decisions. They are yours and yours alone. From my seat in this house, it seems extaordinarily odd that you would throw out tidbits of bait to whet our collective appitite for information and then take a "no speak" stance. That's what I see, anyway. It's always your call what you share or don't share. But these threads that you start that lead to some very interesting and probing questions are themselves up for question. Why talk about it if you don't want to talk about it? It's just odd.

Posted on 14 years ago

From mcjnic

Please read this without animosity inferred. It's a very calm response.I would like to say that I understand your position. I would like to say that, but I can't. It's not my place to question your decisions. They are yours and yours alone. From my seat in this house, it seems extaordinarily odd that you would throw out tidbits of bait to whet our collective appitite for information and then take a "no speak" stance. That's what I see, anyway. It's always your call what you share or don't share. But these threads that you start that lead to some very interesting and probing questions are themselves up for question. Why talk about it if you don't want to talk about it? It's just odd.

I can help people analyze their trademarks without going into every detail as to how I came did it or I can refuse to hjelp with anything at all. I've chosen the first option.

You may or may not know this, but for years I had a timeline for both A's and K's posted up on Cymbalholic with photos and detailed explanations about how to identify and date each one. Then along came a guy named Winnie Manserek who took some of my information directly off my timeline and posted it on his own website claiming it as his own. He helped to convince me that I should remove this information from the internet at least for the time being. I'm waiting for the right time to do this project which will involve a website that will restrict who has access to this information and a few other measures of security. And those who want access to the site will have to pay to get in as well.

Posted on 14 years ago

Kind of a drag. Wasn't aware of that. Did you send the ISP a DMCA notice to remove the content in question? That's usually all it takes. It doesn't fall into the "he said/she said" realm of questioning. It's pretty much cut and dry, as the data is digitally time-stamped. In other words, it doesn't come up for debate. You can still do this, if you haven't. That will "put it right", so to speak.

Wonder if Winnie is the long lost brother of Ray? Didn't he run away during that whole San Fran craziness?:D

Posted on 14 years ago

From mcjnic

Kind of a drag. Wasn't aware of that. Did you send the ISP a DMCA notice to remove the content in question? That's usually all it takes. It doesn't fall into the "he said/she said" realm of questioning. It's pretty much cut and dry, as the data is digitally time-stamped. In other words, it doesn't come up for debate. You can still do this, if you haven't. That will "put it right", so to speak.Wonder if Winnie is the long lost brother of Ray? Didn't he run away during that whole San Fran craziness?:D

He took my information down after I complained about it on a couple a websites...and then he denied ever doing it in the first place. Nice guy.

Posted on 14 years ago

Guilt and a lack of humility are a tough pairing.

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here