Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.85386%

Valje Congas And Bongos Vintage 1978

I have the following Valje Conga drums which I bought new in 1977:

quinto, conga, tumba and super tumba (extra large tumba) and matching bongos - all in a blonde oak.

Does anyone know roughly how much these drums are worth?Help

They're in excellent condition - I tucked my own heads last year (all the drums) did not a bad job.

I'm thinking maybe I might sell them.

Kona

Posted on 17 years ago

It is hard to value something like this because I have never seen a complete set like that before. You have to take what you paid into consideration.

I do not think they would appreciate greatly in value in such a short time.

It is a nice set complete set!

David

Posted on 17 years ago

how much are you looking for ?

Posted on 17 years ago

the value of your drums depends on the overall condition. valje congas had little issue wth splits and cracks, but as all wood will react to climate change and age - it does happen. the chrome also tends to pit and discolor over time; again pending exposure is a key.

the drums tend to range between $250. - $550. pending condition and sizes. a full set together will always command the high side of the range, pending condition of course. feel free to contact me if you have any other questions. also see my post on this site under another valje heading. i have a large collection and am always looking to expand it if the drums are what i am looking for.

cheers

brian

Posted on 17 years ago

Quoted post

how much are you looking for ?

I havent totally priced them out yet but i think in the neighbourhood of $5,000 CD. They're in great shape and since I visited last I tucked all the heads again with LP flats - I wasn't totally satisfied with the tucking job I did last time.

PHOTOBUCKET PHOTO TAKEN TODAY JULY 12 07

http://s194.photobucket.com/albums/z208/kona1084/?action=view¤t=P7120003.jpg

Kona

Posted on 17 years ago

If you want to know how to play and all tricks for congas, bongos, batas, panderetas, maracas, caj?n, shekere, sheker, cencerro, wood black, caixixi and more..with the best teachers aorund the world..(acu?a, conte, hidalgo, ..) feel free to visit www.virtualdrummerschool.com and enjoy the xperience!

Posted on 17 years ago

Hello,

I just spoke to a fellow at Rhythm Traders in Portland Oregon. he said not to take less than $400 apiece for older Valjes.

Posted on 16 years ago
Action Another action Something else here