Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 132.86848%

US stamp Vintage Cymbals

I am trying to come up with a value on these cymbals for selling them but am having trouble finding ones like them. They measure about 11 inches all the way across and one weighs 308g and the other 326g. Both have the US stamp and one has some cracks. I hope the pictures will help. Any information will be helpful. Thanks.

4 attachments
Posted on 11 years ago

the cracks in the one basically make it null and void. they are just too substantial. the other cymbal would make a nice individual splash cymbal. it could also be paired with another 11" cymbal to make a hi hat. seems like the us stamp was used for an armed forces band if i recall correctly,maybe even a navy band. these are avedis zildjian cymbals from the 40's or early 50's i think. they are commonly called trans stamps or transition stamps. i'd guess around 75 bucks or so for the one individual cymbal as far as value.

mike

Posted on 11 years ago

From mlayton

the cracks in the one basically make it null and void. they are just too substantial. the other cymbal would make a nice individual splash cymbal. it could also be paired with another 11" cymbal to make a hi hat. seems like the us stamp was used for an armed forces band if i recall correctly,maybe even a navy band. these are avedis zildjian cymbals from the 40's or early 50's i think. they are commonly called trans stamps or transition stamps. i'd guess around 75 bucks or so for the one individual cymbal as far as value.mike

Looks like there may be some chatter in the depressed characters. I caught a glimpse of it in the Z. If so then they are from the '40's

Mark
BosLover
Posted on 11 years ago

good eye!

mike

Posted on 11 years ago

From mlayton

good eye!mike

Not certain, picture was not very sharp when I enlarged it sufficiently.

Mark
BosLover
Posted on 11 years ago

From andersonwstn

I am trying to come up with a value on these cymbals for selling them but am having trouble finding ones like them. They measure about 11 inches all the way across and one weighs 308g and the other 326g. Both have the US stamp and one has some cracks. I hope the pictures will help. Any information will be helpful. Thanks.

I would look at one of the Service Branches bands for them !i

It`s a drum,.....Hit It !!

.....76/#XK9207 Phonic Sound Machine D454/D-505 snares !i
Posted on 11 years ago

those look like trans stamp or military marching cymbals.

The service usually stamped US into them

Posted on 11 years ago
Action Another action Something else here