Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 133.26931%

Unusual Trans Stamp

Has anyone seen a Trans Stamp like this one? This is a 16" crash @ 950g. It has pronounced hammering and very thin, tight lathing. It's unusual by the fact that the font is much thicker and the word "Avedis" lines up with the D in Zildjian. I have 13 other T stamps, including 2 type I's that have the zebra stripes in the fonts. All of them have a much thinner font than this one and the Avedis lines up differently above Zildjian. Bill? Can you enlighten me?

Thanks.

[Attachment: 78891]

1 attachments
Posted on 9 years ago

I've had a couple like that...I think they fall between the "ridged" '40s stamp and the early '50s stamp. I asked Bill H about one once and he thought it was from about 1949.

http://www.classicvintagedrums.com
Posted on 9 years ago

ive got one of these as well. don't see them that often. mine is a 19.5 @ 1713 grams.

mike

1 attachments
Posted on 9 years ago

Thanks guys!

Posted on 9 years ago

I have a flange hat similar to that one. Bet it sounds great.

Posted on 9 years ago

From Chicago Dave

I have a flange hat similar to that one. Bet it sounds great.

Ah yes, the last two stamp photos (E and F) in the set of 6 you sent me are this one. Up until now I knew that type existed but had no reliable information about where that stamp came in the sequence of Trans Stamp sub types.

And in case I didn't mention it before, A-D are Hartrick Type III (as best I can tell).

Posted on 9 years ago

Yeah, it does sound great. It's pretty quiet, but has a really bright attack/shimmer and a very dark wash underneath and the cymbal has a short sustain...it doesn't linger. Would be great for recording...very well behaved.

Posted on 9 years ago
Action Another action Something else here