Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 132.86848%

Unusual partial stamp on an 11" cymbal

Hi. I dug this old cymbal out of storage and found that it has and unusual partial stamp that suggests "K ZILDJIAN Constantinople" but the Arabic script is missing. Anyone have an opinion as to what this is? 345g, 11".

Unfortunately, it has a 1/2" crack near the base of the bell.

ODG

Posted on 11 years ago

Here's another oddball. Apparently Italian, but I haven't been able to match up the stamp with anything.

13", 755g

ODGCooked Egg

Posted on 11 years ago

The second cymbal stamp is reads "Belloti Italy".So,that means this second cymbal is made by Belloti.According to wikipedia,Bellotti was a small Italian cymbal workshop that produced cymbals from the 1950s until the 1970s.

Posted on 11 years ago

Bellotti. Thanks! I've never heard of them.

Posted on 11 years ago

From OldDrumGuy

Hi. I dug this old cymbal out of storage and found that it has and unusual partial stamp that suggests "K ZILDJIAN Constantinople" but the Arabic script is missing. Anyone have an opinion as to what this is? 345g, 11".Unfortunately, it has a 1/2" crack near the base of the bell.ODG

It has Cie and Trademark on it, I learned here that is a very old K before the city changed names. I would think low boy or pedal attachment. I`ve seen Sonor and other catalogs with K`s advertised for the old party kits.

It`s a drum,.....Hit It !!

.....76/#XK9207 Phonic Sound Machine D454/D-505 snares !i
Posted on 11 years ago

I did find 28cm for trap kits which is 11in. in German 1920`s cats, I would think other US companies did the same too !i

It`s a drum,.....Hit It !!

.....76/#XK9207 Phonic Sound Machine D454/D-505 snares !i
Posted on 11 years ago

Nice cym..shame about thé crack...

Those buggers are expensive..

Bop iT / Til U Drop iT.

ROGER's
1964 Cleveland,.18/14/12 in WMP
1966 Cleveland, 20/14/12 O'natural.
Fullerton,...20/16/13/12 Silver Glass

WFL
1957 B/R Super Classics In WMP

Snares..
Wood & COB Powertones,
Wood & COB Dynasonics,
57 Jazz Festival

Zildjian avedis cymbals.
40s/60s era.
Posted on 11 years ago

Thanks for checking these out.

I got a number of old cymbals with a kit I purchased 30 years ago, but the 'K' is the most interesting.

I'm impressed with how much is known now that the web let's everyone share their knowledge.

Posted on 11 years ago

@OldDrumGuy:The bellotis have the same sound and quality as zanchi(not zanki) and old ahajas(not ufip made).

Posted on 11 years ago

Any Belloti cymbals I have handled have all been very heavy, which meets the standards of the days, in which they were being made. The older Ajahas were usually in this vein too but had much different hammering . I used to think that the older Ajahas were not Italian but I now lean towards, the belief, that the maker's were always Italian but that over the run of the brands existence , the production of them was moved around between several makers, eventually becoming a rotocast product , out of uFip.

I haven't ever had or handled a Zanchi , that resembled a Belloti. Zanchi arrived on the scene , as a distinct brand, sometime in the late 40's it seems, and by then much lighter cymbals were in demand. I currently own some Zanchis, that date from the 50's for sure and they are pretty unique. While they have characteristics that would indicate their Italianness , the tooling and hammering are sufficiently different to set them apart but then they morphed over the years too.

The small K Constantinople, has likely been cut down from a 14" or maybe larger cymbal, that was hopelessly cracked. Check it's diameter , 8 ways. A good job , of course would yield a pretty round cymbal but a less good job , would yield an oval or lobed one.

Posted on 11 years ago
Action Another action Something else here