Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 132.46764%

Unusual A. Zildjian Ink Stamp

The ink stamp pictured below is on the bottom of a 70's A. Zildjian 20" Pang. The INCH and CENTIMETER designations are similar to those seen on early Sabians. The Arabic script is nothing I've seen ink stamped. The embossed stamping indicates it is made in USA. Any thoughts?

1 attachments
119.7 kB
Never play it the same way once.
Posted on 12 years ago

I have a 22" that has 22 on it like this,but not the CM thing

"Always make sure your front bottom BD lugs clear the ground!"
Posted on 12 years ago

Just thinking aloud here, I have a ufip class that is stamped in centimeters and inches,although it is smaller than the 20" designation,and matches the centimeter designation,I wonder if Zil stamped the CM because at one time the U.S. was supposed to go metric,or if this cymbal was for the canadian or european

market.

Posted on 12 years ago

From eamesuser

Just thinking aloud here, I have a ufip class that is stamped in centimeters and inches,although it is smaller than the 20" designation,and matches the centimeter designation,I wonder if Zil stamped the CM because at one time the U.S. was supposed to go metric,or if this cymbal was for the canadian or european market.

That's correct. All cymbals with this stamp are European issues.

Posted on 12 years ago

From Drumaholic

That's correct. All cymbals with this stamp are European issues.

Does that go for the Arabic script as well?

Never play it the same way once.
Posted on 12 years ago

That's part of the rest of the stamp, so yes.

Posted on 12 years ago
Action Another action Something else here