Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 133.26931%

UK Rogers Parts anyone?

Looking for Muffler and script badge for a UK Dyna

There must be someone out there who has knowledge on this?

Script badge has 2 offset holes but reproduction uk script badge does not fit or cover holes?

Confusion reigns!

Posted on 8 years ago

Is your English dyna metal? If so, my badge had pins on the back. I also had mine fall off. AFAIK the repro badge does not have pins?

Posted on 8 years ago

Hi Powertone, Yes its a UK 7=line Dyna. I just need the badge and muffler to finish. I think its the script badge with the extended line coming off the 'S' in Rogers. The link below shows the 2 offset holes;

2 holes here;

[IMG]http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq124/guydavies/DynaShellScriptBadgeHoles2.jpg[/IMG]

Posted on 8 years ago

Yep, it is the badge that had the pins on the back. I have seen a nice repro badge, but no way to fix the badge to the shell as it didn't have the pins. It would take someone with fine motor skills to solder pins on to that badge. Your other option is to just live without it, which I do.

The muffler is not a standard Rogers muffler. Perhaps Ajax? I am sure others would know what it is. LMK if you need to see a photo. May have one.

English built dynas are very interesting drums. The beavertail lug versions are usually seen with tall hoops and a first generation snare frame. I have one that I swear plays better and has more meat than my Covington built dynas.

Posted on 8 years ago

Yeah I bought mine in bits from an old guitar shop in 2008 for £40! Was lucky I had the frame with it, it's not a proper Dyna without it! I agree, it's a great drum with bite but a well rounded sound too (not too piercing); but I've never played a US Dyna so can't compare. I think the UK Dyna has a very thin brass shell that must have something to do with it?

I use mine more for live work, my best snare in the studio is a 14"x4.75" Tama Star Kingbeat, that is a fine studio snare. Recently bought a late 70's Pearl 4512 'The Snare' as used by Stewart Copeland...brilliant sound also!

Yes I'd be interested in looking at/buying the muffler for the Dyna if you have it available?

Posted on 8 years ago

Let me clarify. I don't have a correct muffler available but do have it on my English Dyna if you needed to see pictures as a reference. Good luck with your hunt.

Posted on 8 years ago

Understood, send an image if convenient, thank you.

Posted on 8 years ago
Action Another action Something else here