Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 133.06889%

UFIP 22” Medium Thin

Hi VDF folks,

About 18 months ago, I picked up this 22” UFIP ride.

It came with a MIJ kit.

Ever since I’m using it and play it on my home set.

It’s a very cool sounding cymbal and blends beautifully with a light pair of A Zildjian 15” hi-hats and a 16” A Zildjian crash, both 1960’s.

I would like to know if anybody can tell me something more about the ride and what year it was produced.

No serial number, just a stamp and hardly visible „Medium Light” printed on it. It weights 2505 grams.

Thanks a lot.

2 attachments
Posted on 10 years ago

I think your best bet is to email UFiP and ask them. The little hi-hats symbol appears on a 1975 catalog of theirs, but that doesn't really narrow it down in time. In that same 1975 ICTUS 1975 catalog the drum kit cymbals show the Ritmo stamp which is different again.

I've tried to draw together a quick overview from a few different sources, but everything is very tentative at this point:

The Pyramid stamp (50s - 60s)

Ritmo went from 70s to 1995ish

Bravo late 70s - early 80s

The Class series started in around 1990, and the other lines we see now (Natural, Rough, Experience) came in over the next few years.

But I'm not sure where yours fits into the picture.

The inked "Medium Light" on it rules out the period when they were just doing the L,M,H and weight. The Bravo series is the first one where they put things like Ride, Crash Ride, Ping, Bounce Ride on them. But "Medium Light" doesn't appear in that 1975 catalog.

Please let us know (post back here) if you do find out the dates for yours because I'm collecting up examples to create a timeline (if I can get enough information).

Posted on 10 years ago

You can email them pictures at:

[email]info@ufip.it[/email]

Posted on 10 years ago

Thanks zenstat and Jeff,

I will write them and share their answer.

Stef

Posted on 10 years ago

No answer yet but I found another stamp.

On the back it has a small black-printed rectangular print but it’s impossible to find out what it says.

Also attached a picture of the very faded black "Medium Thin” print.

3 attachments
Posted on 10 years ago

OK,... the stamp on the back side says: "MADE IN ITALY”

DOH

1 attachments
113.5 kB
Posted on 10 years ago

Just received an answer from Roberto at Ufip.

Hello Stef,

the Ride in the picture, is a professional cast bronze B20 cymbals, made by our factory in the years between 1974 and 1980.

I'm sorry I can't be more clear, because at that time we were not used to put any serial number on our cymbals.

Hope this information will be usufull!

Best regards

Alberto

Posted on 10 years ago
Action Another action Something else here