Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.65344%

Two Vintage Drum Sets For Sale

[SIZE="6"][COLOR="Red"]BOTH OF THESE DRUM SETS HAVE BEEN SOLD:[/COLOR][/SIZE]I am offering two of my prized vintage drum sets for sale. Both of these sets are listed in this section with full descriptions and pictures. I need to downsize my collection due to health issues in the family. I listed the drums for sale with a preference to not ship them. I will consider shipping if there is a serious offer for either drum set, Let me know if you're interested in my 1966 Rogers Top Hat set or my 1968-1970 Slingerland bop set.

I have revised the asking price for the Rogers set to $1500 for the bass drum and three toms with cymbal rod on the tom mount, floor tom legs, and bass drum spurs. This set is an all-original, born-together, high-grade player's set.

The Slingerland set asking price is $850 for the bass drum and two toms with tom mounting hardware, floor tom legs, and bass drum spurs. These drums are also a born-together set.

4 attachments
No matter how far you push the envelope, it is still stationery.
Posted on 2 years ago

A couple of nice looking sets you have there!!

GLWS!!

Cheers

1976 Ludwig Mach 4 Thermogloss 26-18-14-14sn
1978 Ludwig Stainless 22-22-18-16-14-13-12 c/w 6-8-10-12-13-14-15-16-18-20-22-24 concert toms
1975 Sonor Phonic Centennials Metallic Pewter 22-16-13-12-14sn (D506)
1971 Ludwig Classic Bowling Ball OBP 22-16-14-13
1960's Stewart Peacock Pearl 20-16-12-14sn
1980`s Ludwig Coliseum Piano Black 8x14 snare
1973 Rogers Superten 5x14 & 6.5x14 COS snares
1970`s John Grey Capri Aquamarine Sparkle 5x14 snare
1941 Ludwig & Ludwig Super 8x14 snare
Posted on 2 years ago

Thanks, Grantro. As I mentioned, if someone wants to talk about purchasing either of these drum sets that would require shipping them, let's talk about it. Feel free to email me at [email]fentex5@aol.com[/email]

Posted on 2 years ago

So very nice. You really kept good care of these. What colors are the Slingerlands? thanks.

The greatest gift you can give your family and the world is a healthy you. - Joyce Meyer
Posted on 2 years ago

From larryz

So very nice. You really kept good care of these. What colors are the Slingerlands? thanks.

Red, white and blue sparkle. The photo isn't so good.

Posted on 2 years ago

The three colors of wrap are Red Sparkle, Blue Sparkle, and Vintage White Marine Pearl. The Vintage WMP bands replaced the original White Sparkle bands that were delaminated and coming apart when I adopted these great drums. White Sparkle wrap is no longer made. But, I have a large enough piece of a laminate material that I'll include with the drums if someone wants to restore the original look. Personally, I love the WMP with the two sparkles.

Posted on 2 years ago

So the red white and blue look wasn't introduced for the US bicentennial? I think Ludwig Vistalites were. I may be wrong.

The greatest gift you can give your family and the world is a healthy you. - Joyce Meyer
Posted on 2 years ago

Slingerland was making the Red/White/Blue drums for several years before the bicentennial. Gretsch made some truly horrendously ugly "patriotic" snare drums wrapped in some kind of cloth or wallpaper.

Posted on 2 years ago

Many years back someone here offered up a Ludwig Vistalite red-white-blue set with matching snare. Darn if I can't find that link. Anyone recall? Guy named Phil?

Posted on 2 years ago
Action Another action Something else here