Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 132.26722%

Turkish Vintage Soul

Turkish Cymbals is a new cymbal company, but, the cymbals are handmade out of Istanbul. Modern Drummer had a nice review of their "vintage soul" line. The cymbals have a throw back sound (in the review) of Pretty Purdie/jazz soul greats of the late 60's/70's. It sounds right up my alley. I was wondering if anyone had the opportunity of playing this cymbal line. I would also be interested on any other experiences with this company.

Rogers early Fullerton Blue Strata 22,13,16 w/brass Dynasonic
My first kit, 1983 Ludwig Rocker? (it has the classic lugs and 4ply maple shell) 22,12,13,16 ..now in black oyster pearl. I still have it
Stop Sign USA Gretsch (80's), black nitron jasper shell 22,12,13,16
1995 Fibes Austin,Texas Badge (original owner) 22,10,12,16,18 in natural wood
USA 2007 Rosewood Gretsch 22,13,16 w/12inch 70's Rosewood Gretsch tom
Posted on 13 years ago

[COLOR="Purple"]I see them from time to time online...my recollection is that their logo is so sorta dumb-looking that I never could bring myself to buying one. However, they DO look to be what they claim to be.

Maybe some acetone to remove the logos.....[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 13 years ago

From Jaye

[COLOR="Purple"]I see them from time to time online...my recollection is that their logo is so sorta dumb-looking that I never could bring myself to buying one. However, they DO look to be what they claim to be.Maybe some acetone to remove the logos.....[/COLOR]

If the logo is my only problem, I'm golden! I see a pretty good deal for the hihats. I want to take a chance. There's an online video, sounds great. Ludwig Dude pointed out on another thread about actually playing a cymbal, over clips, and I agree. This forum has so many different experiences, I was wondering if someone played this company's product. I might sell something and take a gamble.

Rogers early Fullerton Blue Strata 22,13,16 w/brass Dynasonic
My first kit, 1983 Ludwig Rocker? (it has the classic lugs and 4ply maple shell) 22,12,13,16 ..now in black oyster pearl. I still have it
Stop Sign USA Gretsch (80's), black nitron jasper shell 22,12,13,16
1995 Fibes Austin,Texas Badge (original owner) 22,10,12,16,18 in natural wood
USA 2007 Rosewood Gretsch 22,13,16 w/12inch 70's Rosewood Gretsch tom
Posted on 13 years ago
Action Another action Something else here